Clogged pick up?

89 Stroker

Reaction score
On my third Bosch 044 pump on my beans E fuel kit, first and second one totally died, third one seems to lose pressure when you get in it, fuel pressure is at 55-56 cruising, Stepping in it I can drop the pressure to Zero, then it builds back up, even harder when towing.

Thoughts? Pump is only 3 months old, first two did the same thing then totally died.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ratchet strap a fuel can onto frame and stick fuel line into and draw from it while driving. If it's fine then yea tank issue

78-79fordman

Reaction score
Take the fuel line lose and blow air through the line to see if clogged your foot pick up could be broke and a peices of it in line . . If u still have the selector valve it could be it . It could also be bad wiring. U want your fuel pressure set at 65 psi .

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Fuel pressure has been set at that since I got it 4 years ago, I will blow air through and see if it helps, seems like the front tank doesn’t do it as quickly as the back tank.

JCart

Reaction score
Might be screen plugged on bottom of intake in tank, although there is a by pass there too. Not sure how bean system works but if injector o-rings are going that o-ring debris will probably make it back into the tank via return line and pulled up against the screen possibly. Not that big o deal to drop tanks and check.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Blew air into both tanks and hauled close to 10K pounds with it today, fuel pressure seemed to stay good until I really got on it, about 30-40 mph stepping on it I got it to go to zero, but instantly shot back up, seemed to do better then before

JCart

Reaction score
The other thing I’d check is the vents for each tank. On my mid ship steel tank, it looked like it was caved in, however the tank guard was un damaged. I think what really happened was the vent got plugged and the stock pump created significant vacuum and deformed the tank significantly. Thats why I replaced with SD poly CCSB mid ship 132 litre tank, this spring.

78-79fordman

Reaction score
The other thing I’d check is the vents for each tank. On my mid ship steel tank, it looked like it was caved in, however the tank guard was un damaged. I think what really happened was the vent got plugged and the stock pump created significant vacuum and deformed the tank significantly. Thats why I replaced with SD poly CCSB mid ship 132 litre tank, this spring.
I'm glad u said that . I help someone that had clogged vent. On another forum. And forgot about it . I even need to check one on on a old idi I have as one tank causes problems.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Blew air into both tanks and hauled close to 10K pounds with it today, fuel pressure seemed to stay good until I really got on it, about 30-40 mph stepping on it I got it to go to zero, but instantly shot back up, seemed to do better then before
Holy crap. Below 15psi can score the injectors. Id stop running it untill you found the problem. Get a different pump and drop the tanks and make sure they are clean. Do the hutch mod while in there on both tanks as well.. fuel pressure should hold rock solid at whatever you have it set at no matter if at idle or wot...

Could also be sucking air somewhere too...

live life full throttle

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Holy crap. Below 15psi can score the injectors. Id stop running it untill you found the problem. Get a different pump and drop the tanks and make sure they are clean. Do the hutch mod while in there on both tanks as well.. fuel pressure should hold rock solid at whatever you have it set at no matter if at idle or wot...

Could also be sucking air somewhere too...

live life full throttle

I am going to be doing the hutch mod and cleaning the tanks, so the fuel pressure has been set at about 56 PSI, is that normal for the banks E fuel system? Has swamps 1.5 injectors, the fuel pump is only 3 months old new from summit and is the high output one, should the fuel pressure be raised at all?

Latest posts

Members online