Gooseneck Backup Camera Set up?

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I got a 2015 F350 with the factory nav and what not. Just picked up a gooseneck and am looking to make it easier and faster when hooking up myself by getting a camera set up. Factory, it has the backup camera in the tailgate. Is there some kit that I can get to install a 3rd brake light camera, and have it tap into the factory camera wiring where I can switch back and forth between views? I cant find anything useful online, except for one company that has done it, but they dont sell a kit and arent loose with any information. Anyone done this, or at least can recommend a decent wifi kit to view on my phone worst case?

ncollins64

Reaction score
This place has awesome kits. I got just the 3rd brake light kit and have it going to my aftermarket nav unit. My reverse camera comes on auto in reverse and I’ve got an input on my head unit when I want the gooseneck camera.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I’ll try and get a write up together. Need to get one for my 13. I done this to my 06. Comes with everything needed and got the right harness with my new kenwood unit. Basically have it set up so the reverse camera at my license plate comes on the kenwood when in reverse. And have a input on the unit to turn on the 3rd brake light camera at anytime. There’s several ways to do it, this way just seemed easy and practical.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Thats what I want to do as well, have the one on the tailgate be on every time I put it in reverse, and then be able to switch to the gooseneck view when I need to.

Latest posts

Members online