Just dreaming- 6.4 turbo ideas

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
So rebuilding my engine is taking up all my money for now. So this isn't something I'll be looking at doing for at least a year. But it's on my mind now, since I've been bored and reading old 6.4 performance articles.

I'd love to replicate something similar (smaller but similar in style) to the elite systems. Has anybody used a modified stock VGT and mounted something else to it for the LP, similar to how elite did with the raw power system? I'd love to get something smaller, make my own intermediate piece, and then modify the stock vgt. Don't want a full fixed vane compound setup, but want something cooler and better than a drop in from afe/bd/rcd/sparkless. IIRC they're all modified stock turbos, except maybe sparkless, jd's might be precisions. I know jonnydime did a full custom compound kit and i've read that thread about 5 times but I'd like to try something different. If you have a recommendation for a different build thread I should read, feel free to lmk.

I know this thread comes off as some kid shooting the **** with no intentions or abilities to follow through but I like to think I can do it with a little internet help. I want to do it to do it, for the accomplishment factor, not to save any money (although it'd be nice).

Jonnydime

Reaction score
So rebuilding my engine is taking up all my money for now. So this isn't something I'll be looking at doing for at least a year. But it's on my mind now, since I've been bored and reading old 6.4 performance articles.

I'd love to replicate something similar (smaller but similar in style) to the elite systems. Has anybody used a modified stock VGT and mounted something else to it for the LP, similar to how elite did with the raw power system? I'd love to get something smaller, make my own intermediate piece, and then modify the stock vgt. Don't want a full fixed vane compound setup, but want something cooler and better than a drop in from afe/bd/rcd/sparkless. IIRC they're all modified stock turbos, except maybe sparkless, jd's might be precisions. I know jonnydime did a full custom compound kit and i've read that thread about 5 times but I'd like to try something different. If you have a recommendation for a different build thread I should read, feel free to lmk.

I know this thread comes off as some kid shooting the **** with no intentions or abilities to follow through but I like to think I can do it with a little internet help. I want to do it to do it, for the accomplishment factor, not to save any money (although it'd be nice).

Talk to Shane (white_monster).

Zeb

Reaction score
Yes I'm still here Connor. Shoot me a MSG. Lots of options.

Would you mind to throw some of this info out here in the open?

I’ve been pretty anti 6.4 in the past, but admit that recently I keep getting tempted to pick one up to tinker with, knowing that they can make stupid power in a very driveable package, if you can keep them together. LOL

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score

I’ve been pretty anti 6.4 in the past, but admit that recently I keep getting tempted to pick one up to tinker with, knowing that they can make stupid power in a very driveable package, if you can keep them together. LOL

You're right on power in a drivable package. I have had a lot of fun with my trucks, and they're stock aside from a tune. My long bed is a blast and it's tuned no where near as hot as my harley, and it's two feet longer lol. I commute 840-1000 miles a week and then rip around all weekend. I can blow the tires off the cclb truck all the way down the street. But unless I am trying to cause problems it's good, clean, and very useable.

I won't say what shane told me unless he okays it, but there are a lot of options.
And I like to think with the right parts inside my truck should be reliable enough to satisfy me, but then again I don't expect a 10+ year old truck with a bunch of mods to be perfect. I'll be happy if I don't have to buy another block, much easier to find all the other parts lmao. I want to hit a new personal best of one year uninterrupted, haven't hit that since I got my license LOL.

White_monster

Reaction score

No I can't post things up due to every kit being different and that changing costs. Pm me is best.

Latest posts

Members online