man i love this autoenginuity

sideswipe

Reaction score
it is so nice to be able to see each problem, and go through them one by one. this thing saves me so much money, i would say everyone should have one of these. It makes it so much easier to find the problem instead of throwing parts at it to fix the problem.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Forscan is better for accessing/modifying Ford systems, AE is better for diagnostics.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

sideswipe

Reaction score
autoenginuity

has saved me a lot of money not having to take to a repair shop. You just keep going through each faulty code google each code and repair it yourself.

13fist

Reaction score
Forscan.
I got the AE first because that is what all the cool kids were using at the time.
The first problem came when they "upgraded it" by turning it into a complete headache to use,
removing important features like saving your vehicle information.
The update flashed the firmware on the needlessly proprietary obd connector
so there is no rolling back to the good version, and It would constantly freeze when trying to log.
Then the thing stopped working completely.
They had me send it in for repair and that was the last I saw it. Tracking showed they got it, but it never arrived.
AE customer service is awful, the product is awful. I'd rather make wild guesses and fire the
parts cannon at a problem than give them another cent.
Thankfully we have forscan and if something happens to the obd connector I'm not over a barrel to replace it.

fastersteve

Reaction score
Does the Forscan ( I can't help but say foreskin in my head...) show cyl rotational velocity? My AE stopped showing that a few years ago.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Does the Forscan ( I can't help but say foreskin in my head...) show cyl rotational velocity? My AE stopped showing that a few years ago.

Power balance and CCT? No right now, the dev said majority of the user base is using cheap slow ELM327s and not j2534 pass thrus

He said ELM327 would be too slow to be useful.

He also said he will look into it in the future.

Latest posts

Members online