OD light started Blinking, No cruise

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
On the way home I stopped to get food for the kids. Pull out I noticed the over drive light was blinking. It did it for a few seconds and stopped. All gears shifted fine on the highway. The truck sounded good, this truck has always shifted well. I tried to put the cruise on it would fall back to 50 then shut off the cruise all together.

When I got closer to home I shut off the truck, and restarted. Cruise then worked fine. The OD light only blinked once, never did it again. I do plan to see if I can get the codes scanned in the am. Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here? This truck has been really solid, my luck strikes again!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just so you know you’ll need a good higher end scanner for that. Parts stores won’t do it. Forscan, snap on, or dealership. Something like that.

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
Called the local Ford dealer, can’t get me in until NOV 3rd for a simple code pull! I purchased the Forscan Bluetooth link so I can scan it with my phone. Hopefully I will have it in a few days. Truck will be parked until then!

I will update back once I have the codes.

Bugman

Reaction score
Just a WAG but have you ever replaced the VSS on the rear end?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

jschildm

Reaction score
Is this one of those goofy things a melted 3rd brake light socket can make happen? Seems like i have also had a short on a trailer cause something like this to happen.

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
Ok, just checked my 3rd break light it’s working. However the 2 white courtesy lights remain on whenever the truck is running. Headlights on or off, in reverse or in gear. When you shut it off they click off as they should.

Could this be something causing this issue?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.