stand alone controller

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Does anyone make a stand alone controller for the 6.4? I have the option of getting one locally for a good price and was thinking about a couple different vehicles that I could swap this into.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know of a company who may do it... But I highly doubt many will want/need one.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I just figured with the 6.4 being the most potent powerstroke to date that it would be the choice of anyone wanting to do a stroke transplant.

The problem is... well the lack of a problem is that are computer is so smart as is that there really is no need for anything more. However we are limited to what our handful of tuners can do. So getting something the end user can tune on may be a good step I don't know.

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
I would think it would be an improvement because with a standalone you can control change any and everything. This could allow better custom tuning for each vehicle/setup. hmm very interesting

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I think he is more talking about something to use when swapping a 6.4 into some, like say an old ford. Kinda how PeePeeE has something to put a dmax into most anything. Would you just be able to use the ford wiring harness? This is just a guess what he is talking about.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I think he is more talking about something to use when swapping a 6.4 into some, like say an old ford. Kinda how PeePeeE has something to put a dmax into most anything. Would you just be able to use the ford wiring harness? This is just a guess what he is talking about.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

This is more of what I was talking about, although I think that the tuning that could be done with a stand alone controller would be sweet. Basically I am just curious what I would need to put a 6.4 into a Excursion or a 70's ford truck.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
This is more of what I was talking about, although I think that the tuning that could be done with a stand alone controller would be sweet. Basically I am just curious what I would need to put a 6.4 into a Excursion or a 70's ford truck.

Right now, a donor truck for a wiring harness, engine, computer, etc

Dzchey21

Reaction score

Im actually thinking about doing both in one shot lol.

But I see what your saying. Would be better than trying to find a complete donar truck...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well i have the people to do it... the ecu capability is unreal. you can monitor individual cylinders, control transmission, nitrous.... you name it. its a pcs on steroids. cost would be in the neighborhood of 4k a pop.. and there would have to be a decent amount pre ordered to cover the development.

Latest posts

Members online