who made their own trac bars

8luggin

Reaction score
Who has made their own trac bars looking to build my own while I have some free time artwork. Thinking some 1 3/4 dom tubing and some 7/8 rod ends

MINK

Reaction score
I've run nothing but homemade bars on my previous truck and my 6.4 will be getting a set here soon. I've you have the time and ability then I say go for it.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Use 2" steel with a 1/4 wall thickness. I order 1.5 inside diameter and used a 1 1/2 threaded collar for my Johnny joint or heim joint. That was a 1" thread with a 9/16 hole for the bolt. Made the mounts for the frame and axle and welded them on.

Ballistic fab I believe sells the heim joints and bushings, grease nipples and such.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i made my own out of tubing, i also made a traction block similar to ouo when my truck was lifted and stock height for the dpc

Picture266.jpg

Picture265.jpg

Rene G

Reaction score
i made my own out of tubing, i also made a traction block similar to ouo when my truck was lifted and stock height for the dpc

Picture266.jpg

Picture265.jpg

Did you have to change the length of the bars for different hights?

p.s. even your frame mounts look almost exactly like OUO's, nice bars.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Is their a specific formula for how long they need to be? My friend wants to build a set for his megacab and I want to build a set for my CCLB dually... Most sets I see look to follow the angle of the driveshaft should I make it long enough where I stops at the carrier bearing or longer? I remember seeing a thread a while back where there was a lot of good info but I searched and couldn't find it

Also i would to make it a totally bolt on affair so some ideas for Making it bolt to the axle instead of welding would be great

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online