01 7.3 white smoke at cold idle

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys i noticed my truck when i first crank it in the morning and back out that their will be a puff of white smoke. it wont smoke if its just idling from what ive seen. if the trucks warm and i rev it up a little their is no smoke that i can tell of. the truck does have 300000 miles with what i am pretty sure is the original injectors and heui pump. truck uses about a quart every 4000 miles so i dont believe it is oil that im seeing. is it an injector issue? truck does have new glowplugs, injector cups, uvch's, i rebuilt the turbo with a billet wheel due to some minor dusting. thanks for the help!

97cherokee

Reaction score
arisley what do you mean its normal???? blowby is not bad, like i said it doesnt use hardly in oil so i dont think cylinder wear is an issue and im also aware that rings can get dusted too, but this compressor wheel had just started to get dusted due to a fesh hole in the rubber af boot.

ghohouston

Reaction score
arisley what do you mean its normal???? blowby is not bad, like i said it doesnt use hardly in oil so i dont think cylinder wear is an issue and im also aware that rings can get dusted too, but this compressor wheel had just started to get dusted due to a fesh hole in the rubber af boot.

And where do you think that dirt went after it sand blasted your compressor wheel?

97cherokee

Reaction score
im aware that the particles went into the cylinders.... i will plan on doing a compression test soon though.

Latest posts