01 f250 on a 01 F350 drw frame

Dirtclod

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I crashed my 01 F250 cc sb 4x4. I had just changed the pedestal to non ebpv with hi flow outlet and rebuilt the Hpop. I've been working on it since I bought it trying to get it running like it should. Bout year and a half ago. Finally it was running good. No major mods,chips,injectors... New hd tranny 100,000 mile warranty. Flushed coolant,used archoil to fix cold starts. Deleted out ebv tube and took out heater and replaced with oil plug. Next was fuel system with sump,pre filter,water seperator and reg return. It already had 4" back straight and s&e intake. Now ya know what I had.....
I Had 1 week home getting over airbag blow to the chest and a week of reading at work! Ha! ha! To study what to do. I found an 01 f350 cc lb drw on Craigslist. They said it ran good and drove good but parked it for the winter and won't crank. I offered 3800 and they said ok. They were asking 4900. I can get all the coolers,left front fender,hood,rad support... Everything I need. It's a 2wd and I want to put my body and 4x4 on that frame with the drw. Or put my 4x4 on that truck. New paint,rebuilt 7.3 upgraded to 450 hp+. New int leather seat covers lights mirrors....... 17k? I've got good mechanics for friends. What yall think? Should I find a Dana 60 for front?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I'm going to do it! Ive put a deposit on the 350 but I haven't looked at it yet. I'll know more about what to do when I get it. I know my truck is straight except for what has damage and it's white and the other truck is tan. To paint the other from tan to white is 4k. To put new paint job and paint parts is 3k. But then there is switching airbags. I don't know what that will cost. My mechanic has everything for that. Last time we talked he said it was no problem. And since the cab has to come off to change engines might as well change cabs. I assume I can leave everything up front in tact. My main question is what will it cost for a Dana 60 front axle? And what will it cost for the drive shaft? And install? Also I would like to go with coil springs with air assist. Any you guys ever done this?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Airbags should be no problem to change over.

A dana 60 coil spring front axle will be more then a leaf spring one. If you want to do a coil spring front swap this is the easiest way IMO.

P1080547_zpseb878dc1.jpg

P1080551_zpsa107c14c.jpg

This is where the separate from factory. I have either dana 60 axle and parts. If you would like a price on anything PM me.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Nice job on the coil conversion! That's what I want to do. I pm you about front axle. In the future I would like to switch to Dana 80 or 110 in the rear with air over leaf suspension. Of course I would like to ride on one first to see if it's worth it. But like I said that's a ways down the road.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I do have a pretty good ballpark figure on cost already. To switch engines,running gear, and all mechanical installed 3000$ for labor and parts-front Dana 60. That's with injector orings,ww2 billet wheel upgrade,fuel system and Ts tuner. All body work and new white paint 3000$. We call this guy liquid glass! 3800$ for the donor truck. I've got price for front axle 1500$. I'm at 10k without new wheels and tires and any other upgrades. I'm sure 2k for a decent set of 17" wheels & tires. 12k and rolling!
Then I'll have the other truck minus parts. My plan is to rebuild the other 7.3. What's a good rebuild for a high end torque 7.3 with 850+ lbs/ft of torque? I've heard lots about people building these for fast and adding inj's,chips,turbo,....,,,,, I want the strongest pulling engine I can get. Like my friends have always said"there's no substitution for cu.inches! Once I can get that engine built,switch it out. Then there's this question. Sell everything off what's left by parting out? Keep for extra parts? Put together and sale a running 01 4x4 f250?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
This project has took a turn as for now. It's going to take too long to get everything together especially since I'm in GA. But it's definately in my future. Here's where I am now with a rebuild.
I picked up a 2001 f350 reg cab lb 2wd for 500$. It has most everything that I need to replace on my truck. I had to buy tranny cooler to keep my 100k warranty on tranny. And the condenser is a little rough so I'll get a new one. All the body parts are in good shape to use. Even the windshield. This mechanic in North Augusta SC gave me his price on labor 1500$. That's pretty cheap considering my paint guy in NC is 3k on just paint. (The whole cab forward)this included in fix: replace all coolers,and front end mech parts,paint rad support,fender,hood,cab and doors,replace all molding and windshield.
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to remove the bed and paint the frame. Switch the leafs off the 350 put new bracing supports,buy new panels to replace fender wells and paint the bed back to original. This is an extra 700$ vs 2500$ for a used one. I'm going to build my own front and rear bumper. Prolly look along the lines of a raptor with a 06 grille,all lights replaced on the truck with led's.
I'm not going to have much left off the 350 except a rear ended,4r100 tranny and cooler(don't know if it works) cab and frame. What yall think this is worth?

Latest posts

Members online