03 6.0 random power fluctuations

douglas92

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0. 205,000 miles on the ticker. It has been bulletproofed. I suspected the EBP to be the cause of my issue so I took it out and plugged the manifold. Turbo also has been cleaned..

It got a little better.. The problem is the truck has random power loss. Changed fuel filters.. Ran hot shot's secrets.. Ran Nano diamonds in the oil to help with stiction.. Does not shake or stumble upon start up... Starts up really well every time.. The injectors are seated well. Tested that with turning the truck over with jumper and looking for compression in the secondary fuel filter. No issues there. Tested for missfire with snapon tool.. Checks out every time.

I have decent power from 1700 to 2300 rpms.. If I hold 2500 under load it's okay there too. The key is under load. Randomly if I flat foot it I will have gobs of power and other times not. 48 volts on the ficm..

I have no boost leaks or exhaust side leaks as it's been pressure tested and repaired.

I'm curious about an intermittently working fuel regulator spring.. Fuel pump going out.. It's been like this since I've owned the truck. Test procedure and best fix? Saw a 650 dollar setup for testing fuel pressure on a 6.0.. Probably going to go to the hydraulic shop and make my own stuff like usual.

I get chitty fuel mileage too.. Probably 10-12 if I'm lucky.. With 4.10's dually 4x4..

Thinking about making the exhaust system free flowing..

My problems may be with tuning.. There is no tune and it is bulletproofed.. without a ebp sensor..

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0. 205,000 miles on the ticker. It has been bulletproofed. I suspected the EBP to be the cause of my issue so I took it out and plugged the manifold. Turbo also has been cleaned..

It got a little better.. The problem is the truck has random power loss. Changed fuel filters.. Ran hot shot's secrets.. Ran Nano diamonds in the oil to help with stiction.. Does not shake or stumble upon start up... Starts up really well every time.. The injectors are seated well. Tested that with turning the truck over with jumper and looking for compression in the secondary fuel filter. No issues there. Tested for missfire with snapon tool.. Checks out every time.

I have decent power from 1700 to 2300 rpms.. If I hold 2500 under load it's okay there too. The key is under load. Randomly if I flat foot it I will have gobs of power and other times not. 48 volts on the ficm..

I have no boost leaks or exhaust side leaks as it's been pressure tested and repaired.

I'm curious about an intermittently working fuel regulator spring.. Fuel pump going out.. It's been like this since I've owned the truck. Test procedure and best fix? Saw a 650 dollar setup for testing fuel pressure on a 6.0.. Probably going to go to the hydraulic shop and make my own stuff like usual.

I get chitty fuel mileage too.. Probably 10-12 if I'm lucky.. With 4.10's dually 4x4..

Thinking about making the exhaust system free flowing..

My problems may be with tuning.. There is no tune and it is bulletproofed.. without a ebp sensor..

No codes? I would start with a fresh reflash of all modules with an IDS. I've seen countless trucks that have had pre-programmed FICMs installed and the calibrations don't match so the truck does all sorts of weird stuff.

sootie

Reaction score
sticky turbo vanes? we have a F550 doing this right now but it is a manual

Latest posts

Members online