'03 fuel pressure issue...

2013FX4RD

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in need of some help. Buddy of mine has a 2003 6.0 with 180ish on the odometer. Truck surged then died on the way home one day. No restart. Hooked up fuel pressure gauge, read 0. He's changed the pump, filters, and upgraded to the blue spring in the regular. Started it up, let it idle. Pressure read 30psi. Died after about 20 minutes idling. I came over today, to try and help. Cycled the fuel pump about 3 times before attempting to start it. Finally fired up after about 4 tries. Sounded normal at idle, mechanical gauge read 12-14 psi on the regulator. Rented a code reader from Autozone, it said "no codes found". I find it hard to believe. Anyway, it idled for about 10 minutes, then started surging a bit, then idled fine again, then died a few minutes later. That's where I'm at. I know that pressure is low. Any ideas on where to start? Anything would be appreciated!

webb06

Reaction score
How much fuel is in the tank? Perhaps something in the tank is causing a restriction.

Where is the new fuel pump from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013FX4RD

Reaction score
Fuel gauge on dash reading 3/4 full. Pump was bought online from some place out of NY. Can't remember what it was called. It was brand new. I'm assuming it works because we're reading SOME pressure now, but I could be mistaken.

2013FX4RD

Reaction score
That's probably a good idea, and blowing the lines out surely wouldn't hurt either. He bought this thing from a dealership about 6 months ago, zero service records on it. I told him after buying that he needed to buy some sort of monitoring device to watch PIDs just as a precaution. He never did. Ignorance is bliss...and costly.

Latest posts

Members online