03 Powerstroke Troubles

DirtySouthDiesel

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0 Powerstroke and im having problems with it when I drive about 25 miles.. it wants to cut off with me but if I keep my foot on the pedal and keep it running it will stay running.. but as soon as I let off the gas pedal it will cut off and wont crank for about 20 minutes.. then when It does crank itll make it about a mile then cut off again.. if it sits over night it will make it another 25 miles then the same thing... it has a new IPR valve and new ICP sensor and updated oil tubes.. any ideas??

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Sounds like a fuel issue. If the pickup tube is grabbing debris from the tank or the pickup screen is "waxed" up or other crud, the touch would only run for a short period then when you shut down the "debris" or restriction falls away until it is sucked back up. Just a thought. Do you have a fuel gauge installed?

DirtySouthDiesel

Reaction score
Sounds like a fuel issue. If the pickup tube is grabbing debris from the tank or the pickup screen is "waxed" up or other crud, the touch would only run for a short period then when you shut down the "debris" or restriction falls away until it is sucked back up. Just a thought. Do you have a fuel gauge installed?

I always thought it might have been a high pressure oil leak... but no I don't have a fuel gauge on it ill put one on it tomorrow