03 turbo

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
On the other forums they say the 03 is equal to the powermax, that's why so many people now ask the difference in power with the 03 turbo

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
the only thing that is similar i see on the powermax and the 03 turbos is that a 03 turbo has 10 vanes and a powermax has 9 vanes there for the loud whisle is there with both turbos

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Yea I got the no hp gain... I did it for the sound to... I plan on sending my late 04 turbo for a core for a mtw hybrid... It's just I don't have really any whistle at idle or after shutdown and I have zero boost at idle... It spools fine while driving its like there's no drive pressure at low rpms

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Always had some not 0.0 but still there is no audible wind down or at idle unless u get right up next to it under the hood.... Just wondering is all... It took a good while for it to boost up at the pull just wondering if that was a normal characteristic

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
no turbo should build boost at idle on diesels iirc. what you hear on a 03 is the VGT vanes cycling. if you see any boost below like 1.0 it's just a misreading.

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Good to know maybe my old turbo had an issue... But with no cat or muffler I should hear a wind down whistle and idle whistle.. I would think anyway..

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
well turns out the turbo was missing a vane and when it came out it took half the exhaust turbine with it so thats why there wasnt much blade to be spun lol...

Latest posts

Members online