04 6.0 missing...and slowly stalls when warm

speedracer1000

Reaction score
buddy has a truck he brought up the other day and when its cold its not as bad as when its warm.... I hooked the scanner on it and all hpop readings look great, great icp and ipr all that seems fine. im definitely getting cylinder 2 and 6 contribution.. but not at the same time.. i did koer test and got one cyl one time and another cyl another time. which are both on the same bank. but as we was sitting in the truck the warmer it got the worse the miss got, until it slowly just kept idling lower and lower till it stalled, check all the connections at the ficm and injectors with it running and couldn't get it to change any. i removed the top fuel filter cap at that point to see if the filter may have came apart or if there was even any fuel in it. and there was and it looked fine. started it back up and still missing but took a lot longer to stall, only stalls once in a while. injectors is wut im thinking but i find it weird that suddenly 2 injectors at the same time, and also ive never had a truck with bad injectors act like this one, normally they are worse cold than warm and never stall just miss, this is the opposite... what do you all think

Last edited:

speedracer1000

Reaction score
i haven't checked fuel pressure YET, hes bringing it up tonight and dropping it off but ill check tom... that does seem like a legit issue, i did have him cycle the key when i had the filter out of it. it filled up fast when u turn the key on.... i realize that doesn't substitute for a fuel pressure test

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
If it has the original stand tubes could be a HPO leak... even with the new tubes it could still be leaking...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

speedracer1000

Reaction score
checked icp tonight everything seems normal on the hpo side of things. one thing i did notice tho the contribution tests shows all 4 cyl on the left side are weak, and there is a exhaust leak at the turbo flange and the wiring is all sooty around the ficm. not burnt jus sooty. i tried moving and wiggling wires to see if maybe a bad connection or broken wire but got nothin

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
like said above, change the stand pipes and plugs. 4 injectors all on one side being weak rings a bell. you did mention it missing, is the truck drive able? misses while driving? could have 2 bum injectors

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Does ipr % keep rising as ICP is dropping? Id say its most likely a HPO leak. Could be the seals in the tops of the injectors with the syptoms your are describing.

Latest posts

Members online