04 f350, lost alt then no overdrive

speedracer1000

Reaction score
hauled a broke cummins today when I dropped it off the truck was slow turnin over, and the batteries were just replaced a week earlier but those batteries were only a year old. so I figured the alt was out but the battery light wasn't on... so it started and went on down the road and I came down off the mountain and the truck wouldn't go into overdrive, its like there was nothing there it was in neutral, slowed down put it in park tried to go again and all gears worked fine but still no overdrive, 3 miles down the road the cts alarm comes on for battery voltage, the battery light still isn't on but the cts is showing 10 volts, so I drive a few more miles to try and make it home and its down to like 8.5 volts and the gauges quit. I just stop and shut it off to keep from fryin anything. my buddy saids it prob didn't have overdrive due to the electrical system not working properly. is this true? I don't know y all the sudden just no overdrive it worked perfect all day... by the way I checked for codes with the cts and there is no tranny codes and the tow haul light wasn't flashing at any time

Latest posts

Members online