05 6L Head Gasket Repair

thesub265

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. Well I just completed my first ever head gasket repair on my 2005 F350 6L and I wanted to share some pics with everyone of the job . I was quite apprehensive about tackling this job because I had never done any PSD repairs before. I have to say that after a lot, I mean a lot, of YouTube, thank you to "srmastertech", and Powerstrokearmy.com, I actually found that the job was relatively straight forward. It helps when you have a friend with a large shop and 10k hoist that doesn't mind having it tied up for three weeks LOL. I have to give some credit to the ford engineers for designing the cab lifting procedure the way they did. In less than 3 hours by myself I was able to have the cab in the air. Let me tell you that is the only way to do it, everything is soo accessible that way. I did ARPs' and updated turbo drain line, updated stand pipes, EGR delete (welded ends), cleaned turbo etc while I was in there.
Enough jibber jabber. Enjoy the pics.
PS have way more pics that I can share if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_5147.JPG
    IMG_5147.JPG
    534.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5155.JPG
    IMG_5155.JPG
    752.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5163.JPG
    IMG_5163.JPG
    645.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    677.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_5308.JPG
    IMG_5308.JPG
    621 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
sweet! We're the gaskets blown or did you just want to put studs in prior to failure?

Monster12valve

Reaction score
I would love to do my own, I don't have a lift though. And cab on seems like a pita. At least I am lucky enough to have a good diesel shop near me.

560puller

Reaction score
Cab on isn't that bad. Just takes longer. If you have the time and patience it's not a big deal.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Did mine cab on. Sure it's definitely harder than cab off, but it can be done. I did it by myself in my driveway. Hard part for me was getting torque on a couple of the studs...you can only get the wrench at a certain angle, and it makes it hard to put that much torque on it at a weird angle. I'd do it again cab on if I had to....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thesub265

Reaction score
The picture was taken before I realized the gaskets were on wrong moments later. I did have a small leak but only on the hottest days and pulling my 5th. It never blew out any coolant just driving normally.

Latest posts

Members online