05 axle coil swap

mawbuilds

Reaction score
Having a issue with the track bar hitting engine crossmember. Has anyone else ran into this problem. I have 95 f250. I didn't add a lift or leveling kit when I did the swap.

CJunkie

Reaction score
Are you using a Trac bar bracket intended for the 05 axle swaps?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Addicted4

Reaction score
Post up a picture and details of your swap. Year of axles and are you using a kit or factory suspension parts

mawbuilds

Reaction score
All factory parts. 05-07 parts. Rough country adjustable track bar. Have a ballastic fab universal weld on mount. Also have a ready lift factory style mount 05-07. Also factory mount for 2018. Can get some pics later today.

CJunkie

Reaction score
Iirc, last time I did one it was necessary to shave down the lip on the crossmember to get the Trac bar to clear.

mawbuilds

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was wondering about. If the lip had to be shaved down. Or could I move the bracket out some. But then the bar would be straight either.

Addicted4

Reaction score
You’ll want to use 05-07 track bar bracket not 08 and newer. When I swapped my 95 I had to clearance in the middle of the bracket from hitting the steering box but did not have to touch the crossmember

Strokersace

Reaction score
Iirc, last time I did one it was necessary to shave down the lip on the crossmember to get the Trac bar to clear.

Yep shave it down. That’s all I did and never had a problem. 100% factory 2005 parts.

Latest posts

Members online