05 Dead Pedal

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Anyone else ever have their throttle pedal ever just randomly go dead? Got to the shop today, turned truck off, let it cool, went to pull it in the bay and the pedal was dead and wrench light on. Re started truck and it worked to pull it in the shop. Got done what we were doing and made it halfway down the driveway and got another wrench light and a dead pedal. Codes were a bunch of TPS codes. Didn't write them down... I have a new pedal assembly on the way as this is what I believe it to be and what I have been told. Anything else that could be behind this? Just wondering to see if I should check anything else out too....

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Computer will tell you what percentage the pedal is at when pushing it down. There you might be able to determine your problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Gary

Reaction score
Most drive by wire vehicles have two APP (accelerator pedal position) PID's, if the PCM doesn't see both or they both don't match it won't let it rev. It is a redundant signal for safety purposes, some even have three APP PID's except those run-away Toyota's they supposedly had one.
So your problem is most likely either the pedal or harness.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.