05 headlight Help

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I did this conversion 3 years ago and used the plug &play connectors. The factory connectors were cutoff and adapters thrown away. I've had it pretty close except the drivers side low beam didn't work and it really wasn't that bright. Today I tore it apart and I couldn't get my head around it. I've finally found what I hope is a good diagram. All I want is to be able to put the wires to factory and get the adapters to plug in. Here's what I've found so if anyone knows correct me.
High beams LG/BK
Left low DB/WH
Right low DG/OG
LH turn LG/WH
RH turn WH/LB
Parking lights BN
Fog lamps are Tn/OG
Now I have a continuous hot up there in the mix and my fogs don't get power. Is there a relay up there for fog lights?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I never could figure why the low beams wouldn't work on the drivers side so I just pulled a jumper from the other side. All I could find out about the black with yel stripe is it has something to do with airbags. It's constant hot. I did find out there is a fog light relay but not sure where it's located. But I'm happy for now at least I can see at night.

Baker42

Reaction score
A buddy of mine had problems when his fifth wheel was plugged in/ wired wrong at 7 pin. Is this unhooked from trailer imbilical cord?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
No it's all hooked up. But the trailer lights work fine. They're all working right now. The front side marker lights don't blink with the turn signal but not sure if they're supposed to. I've just got them wired to parking lights. I suppose if I hook them up to the turn signal they would work but I'll leave it for now.
I've got the 01 bumper with the 05 grill and I have a 1 1/2" space under the lights. I've got an idea about filling in the space. When I get it put in I'll post some pics and see what people think. But yes the cord is hooked up and working.

Latest posts

Members online