05, starts great cold, rough idlewarm

jrex2506

Reaction score
Cranked at 20 this morning, fires right up and sounds good, once its warm very rough idle. Does it sound like icp? My ipr looks good on gauge. No codes, any idea?

jrex2506

Reaction score
Anyone? Unplugged the icp, Didnt help. no codes, thinking its one of my stock injectors.

equalizier

Reaction score
more than likely oil is passing in between the spool valve and spool valve body.the oil is thinner when its warm.the injector is firing just not full stroke.have you done an air test to see if you have any small leaks.

when you do whined up taking the injectors out you can do this little test to fined the bad injector/s.take and spray a tad of power clean or bleach white around the top of the injector.then apply air and watch for a slow bubble.if you see a bubble that is the injector that is missing when truck warms up and its because the spool valve is out of spec.i hope this helps you fined the bad injector/s

jrex2506

Reaction score
Ok ya im just waiting getting some 190/30, is ok to run in the mean time, got another truck, just dont wanna run/ damage anything while i wait.

equalizier

Reaction score
the truck sees the inferiour reading"default" of 850 psi and if you have no leaks and your ipr is good basically everything else good then the truck will start.now if you shut your truck off and then go to start and it won't start.you can unplug the icp and the truck thinks it has 850 psi when cranking and will start if everything is good.if the truck starts the icp sensor is bad but i don't always go by that.

jrex2506

Reaction score
No to the hot start, cranks good both cold and hot, just gets to temp then starts missing.
The icp, ipr and ficm all look good on scan gauge, sounds like injector or two. Makes decent power just has the rough idle.

equalizier

Reaction score
did you check the icp for oil soak this will cause surging at idle.but i will almost bet it's the injectors that spool valve is extremely touchy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.