06 250 Issue

caladash

Reaction score
Here it goes, truck is an 06 King Ranch 2wd. My buddy and I took this project already in progress. Truck originally went down for a blown oil cooler. Trashed the cooling system. Cooler got replaced and then sat for about 4 months. Was towed to a shop to get put together but they sucked. So now we have it. Turbo was installed and all appropriate harnesses plugged in and routed the best we can. Good batteries installed and we try to start it. Doesn't go. Attempt 2 and it sputters like it wants to start but still nothing. Fuel bowl is full with no leaks. Broke out the snap on Solus to buzz the injectors. Test came back good. Fuses check good as well. KOEO checked good as well. ICP while cranking is 1500 ish while cranking. Solus was displaying 48 as FIC voltage which I'm assuming is the FICM voltage. Tried unplugging the ICP sensor and then the IPR while attempting to start with the same results. Not sure what else to check. Guidance is much appreciated. Thank you.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Here it goes, truck is an 06 King Ranch 2wd. My buddy and I took this project already in progress. Truck originally went down for a blown oil cooler. Trashed the cooling system. Cooler got replaced and then sat for about 4 months. Was towed to a shop to get put together but they sucked. So now we have it. Turbo was installed and all appropriate harnesses plugged in and routed the best we can. Good batteries installed and we try to start it. Doesn't go. Attempt 2 and it sputters like it wants to start but still nothing. Fuel bowl is full with no leaks. Broke out the snap on Solus to buzz the injectors. Test came back good. Fuses check good as well. KOEO checked good as well. ICP while cranking is 1500 ish while cranking. Solus was displaying 48 as FIC voltage which I'm assuming is the FICM voltage. Tried unplugging the ICP sensor and then the IPR while attempting to start with the same results. Not sure what else to check. Guidance is much appreciated. Thank you.

did you Crank it long enough to build high pressure oil to fire the injectors since it was just apart?

Edit, if not try that, and like Dmax said sometimes it takes a long crank to get it to fire off or a few long cranks

Last edited:

DMAX

Reaction score
I usually crank for 15-20 seconds when I need to build High pressure oil

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
check your fuel pressure. pull the icp sensor out releasing trapped air. that helps also.

Reaction score
after an oil cooler it usually take a few very long cranks to get it to fire up.sometimes cranking on it for a long time or the truck sitting for a long period will cause the lpo regulator to get stuck.pull it out its a 12mm alllen behind the balancer.if it shoots out it was stuck if it stays in its ok.

caladash

Reaction score
We were attempting to start for about 9 hours. Will try cracking the ICP sensor as well as the LPO regulator. Does the balancer have to come off for the regulator?

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Did you refill the oil through the oil filter or the filler neck? Truck should start sooner if it has oil filling the oil cooler up high in the engine. I filled through the oil filter and it took two sets of eight 5-second cranks. After the first eight, I let it rest for 5 minutes while I pressed up the oil in the filter again. After a couple of minutes to warm up, it ran great at all RPM and all throttle positions. BTW, this was the initial startup after EGR cooler and oil cooler replacement. I have the blue spring. ScanGauge 2 will be here Monday.

caladash

Reaction score
Did not fill the oil filter bowl. For the couple hours of cranking, the oil pressure gauge always showed positive pressure after a second or two. Got a few things to try now!

co04cobra

Reaction score
What was the IPR% doing on the scanner while cranking? Also on the scanner you need to see if the ficm syncs. It will say NO with koeo, then while cranking should switch to yes.

caladash

Reaction score
Didn't check the % while cranking. What should it be? I assumed that since we were getting ICP we should get it to start. I do believe the FICM went to yes while cranking. I'm hoping a fresh start will get this truck going. We had 3 trucks to work on and we started at around 630 ish yesterday and didn't stop until a little after 8 this morning. I'm sure it's something dumb too!!

co04cobra

Reaction score
The DC should change and go up as you crank. The last one I couldnt get started the scanner was showing a default of 85% I think it was. Turned out to be the IPR was bad.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did not fill the oil filter bowl. For the couple hours of cranking, the oil pressure gauge always showed positive pressure after a second or two. Got a few things to try now!

dont bother filling the oil bowl on a 6l. when the filters out,theres a drain valve in the bottom of the bowl,that will be open. the oil you pour in is only going to the pan.

caladash

Reaction score
Ok...tried the oil pressure regulator by the balancer. Opened it up and the spring came out with the screw. Didn't fly out, was just sitting in the screw. Put it back together and attempted to start. It kicks for a few revolutions on it's own but that's it. We are getting white smoke while trying to start it. Forgot to monitor IPR % while cranking but ICP jumps to 1100. While cranking the FICM voltage is 48 but after about 10 seconds it starts to drop. I'm assuming battery voltage dropping is the cause....yes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.