1 piece driveshaft

jdgleason

Reaction score
Anyone running one in a ccsb? Pros, cons? Been thinking about this for a while now, just don't really know if it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

footlong70

Reaction score
Anyone running one in a ccsb? Pros, cons? Been thinking about this for a while now, just don't really know if it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been running one for almost 2 years, definitely very happy with it. The acceleration shudder from the deflecting carrier bearing is completely gone. No alignment issues shimming the carrier bearing causing vibrations... Stronger than stock. Looks better.

IMG_0419_zps0c6f1aab.jpg

footlong70

Reaction score
Had it built by a local shop. A well known Canadian driveline shop. Was roughly 600 bucks. In the US there are so many driveline shops to choose from and for cheaper yet. The odd one specializes in making superduty shafts. The hard part is finding a shop that will build one and take the time to balance it properly at a decent RPM. A CCSB needs a 70-73"ish long shaft. Some shops won't build a shafts longer than 65, 67, 70 inches because the difficulty to balance with the higher mass.

jmar

Reaction score
my experience with a driveshaft that long is as long as you keep your speed below 80 mph with 3.73 gears you will be fine but if you ever drag race it and the speed goes above that,

well for me it got expensive!!!
it was on my dmax with a 70 in. driveshaft, I was racing a corvette and the speedo was pinned and it cracked the tranny belhousing along with cracking the engine adapter off the engine and also cracking the transfer case.
what happens is at high speed the driveshaft starts to wobble or vibrate very bad!!

keep your speed down and you will be fine

Last edited:

GreenF350

Reaction score
I know one of my good friends has a ccsb (but a 2002 7.3 truck) with a 6" lift and 37's and was looking to go with a one piece for all the usual reasons. He got with a well known driveshaft place and they advised against it (possibly for the reason above?). Instead they built him a two piece that has high angle joints and two of the CV joints and then a single at the axle and put his carrier bearing back into the stock location. His vibration problems were gone and he is as happy as can be. Just another thought.
-Aaron

tbsimmons

Reaction score
For a single that long look unit high speed balancing. It can be done and most don't do it. You can figure out your driveline speed from tire and gear ratio. I know Denny's Driveshaft does it.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Been running one for almost 2 years, definitely very happy with it. The acceleration shudder from the deflecting carrier bearing is completely gone. No alignment issues shimming the carrier bearing causing vibrations... Stronger than stock. Looks better. [/IMG][/URL]

From what I've seen and read, this is all the reasons. I had one quoted for me, 73 inches long I think. Gonna reuse my slip area and new everything else. Came with dismount, balancing and putting it back in. About $750

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
uvuby2ad.jpg

Had 1st place in the bag at a local work stock pull. Was hauling the mail down the track and hit where every one was spinning out. As I bounced through it the stock shaft snapped at the carrier. Sled driver said I had enough momentum for another 10' if I had not broke. Last 3 trucks in the class got by me with less than 5'. Got home took the back half of the drive shaft to the local drive line shop. He cut the stock slip yoke and rear flange out of my old drive shaft and made me a new one piece. He showed me the tube he was gonna order, it was twice as thick. He welded it balanced it and painted it for $175. And since then I've buried my speedo multiple times with out and slight shake. Truck is an 08 CCSB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
Had it built by a local shop. A well known Canadian driveline shop. Was roughly 600 bucks. In the US there are so many driveline shops to choose from and for cheaper yet. The odd one specializes in making superduty shafts. The hard part is finding a shop that will build one and take the time to balance it properly at a decent RPM. A CCSB needs a 70-73"ish long shaft. Some shops won't build a shafts longer than 65, 67, 70 inches because the difficulty to balance with the higher mass.

PM me the shops name...I'm in Alberta too...:poke:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
JD.

Do what I had Nate Collins do. Buy an F450 Drive shaft and have the rear shortened to length.

You will be much happier

Text me if you have any further questions brobama

jdgleason

Reaction score

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
The shop that built mine did tell me that it would only hold its balance up to 80 something MPH.. To long of a shaft for a 4" tube. For high speed anyways..

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
A bigger tube would help but the size of our yolks hold us up on that.. I also looked in to a carbon fiber shaft. There good for the speed but the guy that I called didn't know if it would have enough strength to handle all the TQ our trucks make. He was going to check with his tube supplier and call me back but he never did.

Latest posts

Members online