1999 7.3 accelerates strange

stroker_colony

Reaction score
In the past month or so I have noticed that my truck has a stutter at idle and low rpm. Also when cruising 70-75 truck seems a little jumpy. I was certain I just had a weak or bad injector until this past week. While accelerating the truck in 2nd and 3rd seems like a dog, push the throttle in a little further and nothing happens. Pushing the throttle in a little more once again nothing happens at first and then all at once the truck takes off like a bat out of hell, does NOT down shift, stays in the same gear. It acts like I have a dead spot in the pedal, to where it will only maintain speed. It only does it under load in 2nd and 3rd.

But if I accelerate lightly it runs fine until it shifts into OD. Once it shifts into OD the engine sounds like it is stressing and gets very loud. Kinda sounds like an obs truck when it does it.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

stroker_colony

Reaction score
Nope. No lights. Starts just like it's supposed to. Would it be possible to be a ICP issue?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Need something to see pressure. I got a mechanical gauge but not really something you can get in the cab. If you neee it let me know

stroker_colony

Reaction score
Far as I know it's the factory one. I'm leaning towards the IPR now because I disconnected the ICP and the truck still ran the same. Can you get just the coil or solenoid piece of the IPR and replace that..or do you have to get the whole unit

Latest posts

Members online