2 12's in an '11 crew cab

quicksilver11

Reaction score
In my dodge I had 2 12" audiobahn's mounted under the back seat with a 1500w amp on them. It was awesome. Needless to say this new truck sounds like crap. My audiobahn's are to deep to fit behind the seat in my truck so I'm selling those but I'm looking to get 2 12's back there. Is it possible? I've got the 1500Wx1 amp still and I've got a RF 500Wx1 amp as well. Been a while since I've done anything with car audio so that's why I'm asking yall. I'm looking for something that hits hard and sounds good (aren't we all). I mainly listen to country and rock. Very little rap. I do have the underseat storage tray (I'll get rid of that with no issues) and the power sliding rear window. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

jdc753

Reaction score
It would be possible without the power slider, otherwise you are reduced to only a single sub. Check out the boxes built by SPL2k, http://www.spl2k.com/2008superduty.html

quality product that will work, plus built by a superduty owner and accomplished car audio competitor. I don't think he is on this site but I know he is on PSN.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Separate boxes? I almost suggested that the other night when we were talking...

I'm not an expert, but can't see any logical reason why it wouldn't work...

AKHILF

Reaction score
There's other options too. It depends how far you want to go... You can move your rear seat forward and get more room and maybe see a way to put 2 behind the seat or atleast you'll have room for a deeper 12. You can find one really nice 12 and be pretty loud. I moved my seat forward about an inch and a half and no one even noticed the seat being closer.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
If the seperate boxes are exactly the same you'll be fine,

Also, you can put them anywhere. For the most part bass is undirectional meaning you hear it the same no matter where it is. Its not like a tweeter where when it faces you it sounds completely different than if you turned it 180 degrees.

Latest posts

Members online