2.5 class turbo

JD3020

Reaction score
If you were to be putting together a 7.3, to run in a 2.5" turbo class, goal is roughly 550hp, while still being well mannered on the street/farm/towing, what would you do?

Here's the rules for one of the organizations around here that we pull with.

"Will measure 2.5 inches and will be teched with a 2.55 plug. Compressor wheel must be a
true 2.5 wheel no stepping or clipping permitted. "

MINK

Reaction score
Do you want to know what the winning trucks run or what will make you legal? Two very different things regarding price and power.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Do you want to know what the winning trucks run or what will make you legal? Two very different things regarding price and power.

LOL yeah being competitive and being a consistent winner are two different things. Its all about who can bend the rules the most and still make it past tech.

JD3020

Reaction score

Legal. I don't have enough money to make my ole farm truck competitive, if thats even possible with a 7.3 right now. LOL

MINK

Reaction score
Legal. I don't have enough money to make my ole farm truck competitive, if thats even possible with a 7.3 right now. LOL

Then get a box stock s465 on a t4 mount and enjoy; I know of a used charger if you're serious.

JD3020

Reaction score
Is a 465 legal? I was thinking it'd be too big. Just for ****s and giggles, whats one of the better 2.5 chargers cost?

At the moment i'm not planning on buying a turbo, but i also never planned on getting hybrids, or putting an engine in the truck this winter, or pulling it, so who knows what will happen. I will probably hold off on the turbo until the fall though, as we may attempt to build a set of headers and a T4 mount. Just wanting an idea of what would work half decent so i can keep my eye out for something.

ken6881

Reaction score
I have been looking at the s400-64mm($770 with a t4 housing) and building a 2.5 truck as well. It should just make the 2.55 plug rule.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Im running a forged mill s362.. It's a little guy and does good for towing duties but i'm not sure you'd want to push it past 450hp, hell a s366 doesnt like ~550hp on these engines.

Latest posts

Members online