200/30s vs baby swamps with pmrs

01stroked

Reaction score
I just pulled the plug and saw I have pmrs.. so no more plans of 238s lol
I would rather run the 200 30s but I'm goin to be pulling a lot next year so I want the engine to stay together
The baby swamps r my other choice
Also what about studs springs and pushrods?
So ne adviced would be greatly apricated thanks

2006nytro

Reaction score
personally i would be comfortable with 200/30s its all in the tuneing imo. and a set of arp studs. 910 valve springs or better i have never really looked into other ones..and wop push rods would never hurt

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Don't be afraid... With todays tuning I think you'll be safe either way but, it seems each truck has it's own attitude so if you wanted to play safe go with the 200cc.

Springs and pushrods wouldn't be necessary unless you'd be hot rodding it all the time, and even then they would be good insurance along with studs.

If you do do anything with injectors you might want to look into some trans and turbo upgrades also, especially if you'r going to be towing a lot.

I'm a conservative guy and that's my .02... I wouldn't doubt you get people telling you to go bigger.

stroker2

Reaction score
I have the 200/30's but i have forged rods. I do not have headstuds, pushrods or springs. Everything is holding together great. I hand calculated 22.8 mpg on a 400 mile highway trip recently. It runs strong as he!!. I have no complaints so far and have been on this setup for 1.5 years. Also, my egts stay in check pretty well

01stroked

Reaction score
I will have. 38r also I have a built trans percision converter and a good set of traction bars.. by pullin I ment truck pulls so yea there's gunna b a good bit of hot rodding butnot on the street on the track and drag strip
Stroker2 r they smokey with the 38r

stroker2

Reaction score
I will have. 38r also I have a built trans percision converter and a good set of traction bars.. by pullin I ment truck pulls so yea there's gunna b a good bit of hot rodding butnot on the street on the track and drag strip
Stroker2 r they smokey with the 38r

No they are pretty clean. In the upper 3 tunes they blow a cloud before the turbo gets going but once its spooled, its just a haze

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
If you have the extra cash to repair it if it does go, then I would do the 200s. If you want reliability and not having to worry when your PMR is going to pop get the baby swamps and you will be happy with the new found power complimented with a 38r. Your tranny wil love you too.

I had swamp 200cc 30%, 38r with PMR's and motor poped earlier this year after 1.5 years with this combo.

When they tore down the block there was no apparent reason for it to pop neither. Everything else looked good.

Know it's one hell of a fun truck.

Last edited:

CurtisF

Reaction score
A 200/30 can chunk a PMR rod just as easily as a 238/100, 250/200, 400/400, etc.

Dropping down to a slightly smaller injector with a significantly smaller nozzle isn't going to help protect your engine at all. In fact... have fun with higher EGT's on that smaller nozzle.

It's all in the tuning. Get the fueling right, inject it at the right time, and the engine will last. Furthermore, you'll end up with more useable power at lower EGT's.

P.S. I'm running 250/200's on PMR's and no head studs. I ain't skeerd.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
injectors do not kill blocks, rods or otherwise...

Tuning does. Not bashing, just stating fact. An injector is told what to do, a tuner tells it what to do.

mattman347

Reaction score
I am also running our 238/100 hybrids on an 03. No studs here either... I have it de-tuned a lot. The truck is bone stock other than the injectors and the Tymar intake, they needed rebuilt and I was not putting stockers back in!

Big Bore

Reaction score
A 200/30 can chunk a PMR rod just as easily as a 238/100, 250/200, 400/400, etc.

Dropping down to a slightly smaller injector with a significantly smaller nozzle isn't going to help protect your engine at all. In fact... have fun with higher EGT's on that smaller nozzle.

It's all in the tuning. Get the fueling right, inject it at the right time, and the engine will last. Furthermore, you'll end up with more useable power at lower EGT's.

Isn't it easier to tune safe for a larger nozzle than for a smaller one?

30% seems small for a 200 anyway.

Seems like 30% and smaller is quickly becoming obsolete in favor of 100% for even a stock injector.

I think there is a misconception that the small nozzle is going to atomize better and get better mileage etc.

David N

Reaction score

What he said. Im running 250/100's on my 2002 with no studs... It could blow today for all I know. You can probably get a better deal on a bigger hybrid than you could a stage II or equivalent anyway. And fuel can be pulled out. Go ahead and buy a decent size Hybrid and then down the road you won't have to buy a bigger set of injectors when you decide to go bigger.

01stroked

Reaction score
Makes a lot of since thanks guys.. and swamps is gnnabe the injector and tunner I'm gunna be just got to decilde the size

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.