2000 7.3 injector issues

Ruger5901

Reaction score
I have a cyl 8 failing a contribution test. New injector and wiring harness. What else could cause it. Also, cyl 3 has a P1273 high to low side open. New wiring harness also and I swapped the solenoid with another injector. Code did not move. Truck has slight miss and long crank

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Have you checked your IDM and CPS? I do not know if an IPR can cause those issues.

Attachments

• GB_Tech_Bulletin_103_Ford IDM_Module_Replacement.pdf
    710.5 KB · Views: 53

ToMang07

Reaction score
#3 and/or #8 failing CCT is 99% of the time due to the CPS.

Check your ICP plug for oil, and check out the IPR. I would suspect the HPO system having a problem somewhere, or maybe a LPOP going out. Do you have a good scanner that can monitor HPO? You'd want IPR Duty cycle, and the ICP Pressure, as well as RPMs. Can check the oil level in the HPOP Reservoir.

Bushwakd

Reaction score
The original black CPS that Ford/International were using was recalled due to intermittent failures so the black CPS was recalled and pulled out of circulation. These Black CPS showed no fault codes.
The new updated version is a gray color CPS and a dark blue color CPS which have been showing a false failure in cylinder 3 and 8.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
What is CPS? Also, I would like to rule out IDM. What are some test procedures to tell if it's bad? I drove the truck today. Has power but white haze at idle and white smoke during acceleration. Smoke does not smell like coolant.

Latest posts

Members online