2000 7.3 stalls, wif, wts, and ses lights come on

DissleDoctor

Reaction score
So I'm working on a 2000 f250 7.3L. Customer went to start and it would just die after a few seconds running. Sometimes I can start and it will run fine, other times it stalls and service engine soon, water in fuel, and wait to start light all come on. You have to turn key off and back on to try to start again. Tried two different pcm, idm, disconnected all 5v sensors. Sometimes when you turn the key on the wait to start light will go off prematurely and you can hear a relay under the dash click, the truck will not start off it does that. The wait to start light has to go off normally for it to start. You can turn the key on numerous times and can tell when it will and won't start by the way the light goes out. This truck has me beyond stumped! Please help.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So I'm working on a 2000 f250 7.3L. Customer went to start and it would just die after a few seconds running. Sometimes I can start and it will run fine, other times it stalls and service engine soon, water in fuel, and wait to start light all come on. You have to turn key off and back on to try to start again. Tried two different pcm, idm, disconnected all 5v sensors. Sometimes when you turn the key on the wait to start light will go off prematurely and you can hear a relay under the dash click, the truck will not start off it does that. The wait to start light has to go off normally for it to start. You can turn the key on numerous times and can tell when it will and won't start by the way the light goes out. This truck has me beyond stumped! Please help.

Does it have a chip in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DissleDoctor

Reaction score
Yes but is only in for the transmission shifting, so had been removed for all testing purposes. Have tried two other pcm, no difference.

Latest posts

Members online