2003 ford excursion motor swap help

Leadfoot22

Reaction score
hi. sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot. but I've been doing research on swapping my 6.0 motor for another 6.0. but I've been trying to find out if it is easier to change the motor by taking the whole body or taking the front clip.. i have seen that if you take the front clip off you should remove the oil pan to make it easier but that seems like that is a lot of un nessicary work to do but i do know it is tight. i also seen that your suppose to remove the transmition to remove the motor out. i would like clarification on how to pull the motor out if i pull it out threw the front clip. or if I'm able to use my friends lift what more am i suppose to do on removing the cab than a regular pick up. thank you. and the reason I'm removing the motor is because the lifter on the driver side went bad so it is tapping very loudly and now runs like **** almost like a knocking

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Just pull the turbo and up pipes and front clip. I pulled the trans because i couldn't get the up pipe bolts out and its not that hard to pull but i wouldn't if i didn't have too.
d04063145ae267112ad34949382019fe.jpg

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
just pull it out the front... that's how every 6.0 gets done around here. leaves the lifts open for 6.4's, transmission jobs, etc.

Latest posts

Members online