2005 5r110 in line filter

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Not talking about the remote one, I want to add one that goes inline. anyone tackled this? i am sure someone has, i just would like to get info as to what you used and how you did it.

i want to get another layer of protection for my new investment. beside the toilet paper remote and the internal ones.

Thanks in advance!

TexasA&M

Reaction score
I bought the Dieselsite trans filter a few years back and installed it. It was an easy job; I even found two holes in the frame that fit the bracket and didn't have to drill anything. I was the same as you when I bought the truck... I basically put a filter on anything and everything. not sure just how much good it's doing, but it was/is piece of mind because I plan on having this truck for a looooong time.

http://www.dieselsite.com/2003-200760lfordpsddieselsitetransmissionfiltersystem.aspx

Mdub707

Reaction score
The 08 pan and filter assembly would help too, and it's less than $100 for all of it. Isn't the toilet paper one an "inline" filter already? I would be happy with that and the 08 pan and filter. The internal unit on the 03-07 trans is more of a screen than a filter. The 08's got a real filter.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
The remote filter only catches 10% of the fluid. Not the 100% I am wanting. The 08 filter set up sounds good. Gotta look into it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm not very well versed in how they filter exactly, but I understand the basics of filtration. It's not that it only catches 10% of the total fluid... it just a little bit at a time (if it's indeed the way you say it is). They do it this way to filter finer. If they had a full flow filter there that 100% of the fluid went through all the time, it wouldn't be able to filter as fine as it does. Same concept as a bypass filter. A filter can only filter so small and flow so much when it does, if you try and push too much fluid through a filter that's a small micron rating, then chances are you'll end up blowing the filter apart... best case scenario.

The 08 filter setup is a good idea for sure. There is a thread kicking around here with all of the P/N's and what not. Do a search for 5R110 and my user name, the part numbers should be on the last page or two.

Mdub707

Reaction score
No problem. Good inexpensive upgrade, I literally just ordered mine earlier this week. I'm throwing in a GoGo direct solenoid too.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah the gogo solenoid seems to be the ticket for stock trans, but from what I've read/heard on the boards they're not really recommended/needed for built units.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
i will have to get with Andy Warren as he built it. he told me what he did but honestly i was at work and distracted.. this pan thing looks like a contender to the dieselsite inline unit.

Latest posts

Members online