2005 6.0 Only 1500psi high pressure oil

djohnson

Reaction score
Good afternoon All,
I have search all over and cannot find a thread with a similar issue. I have a 2005 Ford Excursion with the 6.0L. Tore it down and did some bulletproofing. All went back together great. Ran great for about a month. Now I am only getting 1500 psi from the HPOP. Starts fine. Runs fine. Just lacks any power once you get on it. To fix the issue I have replaced the dummy plugs, stand pipes, injector cups and orings, and the HPOP. It does seem be a little hard to start but nothing that I have been worried about. I have checked the orings in the top of the injectors and they are fine. Since it starts, I find it hard to believe it could be the LPOP. Could it be the LPOP? Any ideas before I sink anymore money and effort into this beast.

Thanks,
DJ

sootie

Reaction score
what is your low pressure oil pressure? disconnect the icp sensor and see if it runs any different?

djohnson

Reaction score
IPR runs between 14% and 84%. Haven't checked the actual low pressure. When I unplug the IPC sensor it runs rougher. Pressure increases smoothly when the sensor is plugged in. I actually tried a new one and got no difference. I also change the IPC sensore pigtail. I tried a new IPR and replace the EBP sensor as well.

webb06

Reaction score
Have you pressure checked the high pressure side? We've seen quite a few stand pipes breaking and causing this sort of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djohnson

Reaction score
I air tested last night and found no leaks through the IPC sensor port and the IPR commanded to 100% (or 85% -closed-)

webb06

Reaction score
Oem oil filter and cap? Unlikely but it's worth checking, it would be worth check the low side pressure too with a manual gauge.

djohnson

Reaction score
I had a billet cap from sinister and a bypass filter but I pulled it and went back to stock when I had issues. I'm thinking it may be the LPOP starving the HPOP.

wiseguy

Reaction score
i doubt it is a low pressure problem but check actual base pressure simple to check. You should not see that high ipr% its making up for a problem

webb06

Reaction score
i doubt it is a low pressure problem but check actual base pressure simple to check. You should not see that high ipr% its making up for a problem

Very true. If ipr is getting up to 85% and icp is only at 1500psi something is up with the high side.

Latest posts

Members online