2005 6.0 problem

Short Bus

Reaction score
I turned a corner, started accelerating then hit a big bump on the dirt road and the truck died. It wont crank, gauge cluster displays check gauges and when you push the button on the gauge cluster the odometer just reads --------, trip odometer reads --------. The edge cts i use for gauges wont communicate with teh PCM, ive checked all fuses and cannot find any bad. Im stumped, do you guys have any ideas for me?

Zmann

Reaction score
Agreed

not sure what it takes for the message " check gauges" to come on

but since it's bump related I would check all connections to the ECM/PCM behind the drivers batter ( pull the battery )

OBS F350

Reaction score
Check the battery connections. Had the same thing happen to my 6.4 twice. All my safety/warning lights came on but wouldn't do a thing when I went to turn the motor over. SCT wouldn't communicate. Positive cable came loose on D/S battery.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Found the problem.... The fan clutch wires got ripped apart at the plug which shorted a fuse out. It was more than likely one i'd checked the other day. It looked good but when you hit it with a test light it was indeed bad. Put a new fuse in and fired right up. I ordered a new fan clutch and cut the wires off the old fan clutch so i could at least drive the truck. Luckily on the harness side the pins were just pulled out of the connector which is MIA, i had a spare harness so we are good to go on that end. thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Members online