2005 miss, no codes injector?

jrex2506

Reaction score
I have a 05 6 speed, that runs good and strong most of the time, oem filters, archoil, t6 rotella. I don't see any codes, ficm is always above 48, fuel psi is 80 idle with blue spring, down to 70 or so on wot. I get a miss, usually when I am in forth gear and starting hill, but has done it in other gears. and it usually occurs 4th gear around 2k rpm but not always. My question is could an injector go bad, or going bad and not set a code off? when I bought the truck, it had two injector codes, replaced them and still runs strong, just a miss every now and again. thanks

also I was running drews street runner tune, but changed it to stock cause of all the snow. it doesn't do it as much on the tune but still happens some.

Gary

Reaction score
You most likely have a injector problem. And if you use anything other than a Motorcraft injector you'll probably still have a injector problem.

ghohouston

Reaction score
It'll throw a code soon enough, don't worry. If you REALLY want to know which injector(s) are bad, find someone with ids and let them have the truck over night, and get a power balance done first thing in the morning while engine is cold

jrex2506

Reaction score
ok figured, I will get it tested soon, might plan on getting them rebuilt up to 190cc. was planning on later rather than sooner though.

Latest posts

Members online