2005 no start

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Truck has never had cold start issues till this morning, truck sat all weekend went to leave for work this morning and could never get it to start, has fuel in bowl, gf gave me a ride to work. After work my buddy that works at the ford house stopped by and ran ids on the truck said everything looks good but no cam/crank sync told me to swap out cam sensor which I will do tommorrow eve, no smoke out of exhaust when cranking I replaced the cam sensor a year ago to diag a random stall which wasn't the fix, wound up being the engine harness for the fix. Also replaced stc fitting a few months back could faulty cam sensor be the culprit? Btw when I replaced the cam sensor a year ago it wasn't from ford it was one from autozone and that's why he thinks it failed. Any input here?

Commandos888

Reaction score
Most time's that means it's still good.You would need both a cam and a crank signal for that engine to run.using the ids and you check pids on rpm does it show it's working??? i seen more wiring harnesses problems then bad cam and crank sensors,all it is a single pulse per cam revolution to two crank revolutions unless a loose crank trigger wheel in the front.you could also ohms that sensor if you want.it should be at 866 ohms and the crank 377 ohms.

Gary

Reaction score
The first thing I would do it get that autochinazone CMP sensor out of there.
If you still don't have sync after that then go to the CKP sensor, when you have it out thy to move the tone wheel with a screwdriver, I've seen them come loose.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I bet neither your CMP or CKP is bad, they almost always throw those codes when cranking and no starting for a long time. Are you getting any smoke out of the exhaust when cranking? Does the low pressure oil gauge come up after cranking for a few seconds? What the temp there? I'm assuming you weren't plugged in? I know it got pretty cold last night.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Yes it was cold oil pressure on gauge, no smoke out of exhaust. What would cause the no sync on the monitor though?

webb06

Reaction score
i would try wiggling each connector. had a truck do this once and it needed a connector pigtail. you could wiggle it a little and it would start.

Latest posts

Members online