2005 slow crank no start... Ideas? Help appreciate!

2000BigDirty7.3

Reaction score
So here's the sorry I bought a 2005 f250 crew cab sbox from a service center up in hornepayne Ontario, bout 12 hours from me I got it for 2200 bucks dirt cheap rot free body and 4700 dollars worth of work done to the front end and rest of the truck. Buddy repoed the truck from the guy who didnt pay, unfortunately it was in the middle of doing new injectors and I got it with the engine in pieces, finally got around to putting it back together and I get a slow crank and no start with both my 7.3 canada proof batteries in it.... Can anyone help... The link for video is below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smlyphot0qe07zl/VIDEO0162.mp4?dl=0

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
take the belt off, see if the AC compressor is locked up.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
actually that thing sounds toasted. sounds like very low compression.... hows blowby while cranking?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
not a fan of the cranking cadence.... it just sounds dead... does the engine have any kickback? like if cranking and you stop does the belt kickback? I have also heard this with a plugged exhaust holding valves open or a seized turbo not allowing air in

Reaction score
not a fan of the cranking cadence.... it just sounds dead... does the engine have any kickback? like if cranking and you stop does the belt kickback? I have also heard this with a plugged exhaust holding valves open or a seized turbo not allowing air in

Sounds angry. I'd swap on a known good start just to be safe but I think you're in for a junk motor.

ascrap2003

Reaction score
Check cranking rpm I think you need at least 160 rpm bare minimum to start anything under that I would replace starter than have a good charge and check compression before I put any money into that truck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.