2006 clock spring help

rjustman

Reaction score
i have looked high and low. searched google,powerstrokearmy, powerstroke nation, powerstroke everything and cant find a part number or anything for a clock spring in my 2006 f250.. my airbag light its on,my horn is not working.. I swapped out the steering column and the problem happen.. anyone know what a part number is or where I can find a clock spring.. ive looked at oreillys,napa,carquest,autozone,and rock auto.. nothing comes up and no one at the store can come up with anything.

thanks

Richard

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would only trust factory for something like this. That may also be why you cant find it aftermarket too.

rjustman

Reaction score
lord.. the one in my 2000 is 125 bucks and that's from napa.. cant imagine what the stealership will charge

Swsignal5

Reaction score
I just ordered one for my 2012 I think it was like 70 bucks from ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I agree to stick with OEM ONLY on something like this.

Ford part number 5C3Z14A664A. Looks to me to only be about $125 also.

That said if you didn't have this before switching columns, I'd pull the codes or diagnose a little more before putting a new one in.

Where is your old column?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If the column was replaced with a junk yard unit or something and the steering wheel was not held in place somehow it most likely broke the clock spring.

And check with sunrise for price i hear they have very good prices...

rjustman

Reaction score
I did a 12v conversion.and swapped out the auto column to a standard column..the light came on after that..column came from a running very clean truck that I looked at,and where I got all the conversion parts from..now I swapped to an auto again and got a column from a person who parts out powerstrokes..and same problem..my horn doesn't work either..yeah sunrise was the first place I thought of..its got the 32 code going off the dash indication counting,the number of flashes that the airbag light does..

co04cobra

Reaction score
The parts to change a auto column to a manual column all unbolt.

My point is if you still had your first column you could use that clock spring to avoid buying one.

rjustman

Reaction score
Thinking back I took it off and put my wheel and everything on the manual column..the manual column the wheel was damaged..I transferred everuing from,me auto to the manual column.

Latest posts

Members online