2008 F350 no crank/ no start

backwoods

Reaction score
In the backwoods just up the hill from boobavill P
looking for some help, picked up a used F350 cab n chassis 6.4 stick truck last month, 122,000 mile fleet truck, still had DPF and EGR, bought for a work truck, no plans on deleting,, only got a 1,000 miles on it and broke a exhaust rocker, while under valve cover I decided to replace all rockers and valve bridges due to the wear I found, in the process of installing right valve cover I broke the plastic pipe that feeds the heater core, had to remove fan and intake horn/egr valve to replace the broken pipe,,, figured in this far might as well loose the egr n put a small tune in it, got the truck all back together less the delete tunes, truck fired up after a long crank( figured due to having fuel rails empty?) pulled it out of shop to free up a bay and let sit for 2 days, needed to move it and still had a long crank?? decided to put snap on solus on and see what was going on with long crank, first checked codes and all were due to missing EGR components,,( DPF still on truck,, didn't have time to get it off) so I cleared codes and pulled up PIDS to watch rail PSI,, went to crank and no crank???? went to connector at passengers side battery and jumped it and truck cranks but wont start?? pulled starter relay #54 and I can jump across 30 & 87 and it cranks, turn key and power at 86 but no ground at 85?? 85 is a good circuit to 53 at PCM??? could I have killed PCM by clearing codes?? looking for any help on this one

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i dont think you could have killed the pcm clearing codes

but allot of times if you dont have emissions deleted tunes then you will get a no crank and possibly a no start

Did you check codes for the EGRTA exhaust temperature sensor? If that sensor didnt get plugged in (which you would have had to undo to take the valve cover off) then you might be getting a no crank from that.

If you can check codes again and give all the code numbers please

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i think you should have 4 but i might be wrong

seams like there are 3 temp sensors in the exhaust 1 in the uppipe (yes its behind the controller) and then there is one in the egr elbow but im not sure if you can view that or not

backwoods

Reaction score
tonight i pluged back in the temp sensor for the EGR and the throttle plate and EGR vavle, cleared codes and aP0232 Fuel pump secondary circuit high came up, might of been there before but i did not notice it with the 3 EGR codes,,, also while looking through pids i noticed the pats is enableded?? 2008 F350 XL, when i pull the key the theft light never flashed ?? at least that i noticed??

backwoods

Reaction score
well as with most my problems they are caused by me,, started to chase the P0232 today and found that while I had truck tore apart to put rockers in I needed to put windows up, so the fuel pump would not come on when I turned the key on I unplugged the fuel pump,, yep and I never plugged it back in,, why I got it to start 3-4 times before it locked out ,, ??? dam if I know,, plugged the pump in, cleared code n it fired up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.