2011 differences?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Is there any major differences in the 2011 from the 2012 2013 trucks. Has 60k on it and its a 2wd reg cab dually. F350 not a cab and chassis. Going to use it and leave it hooked up to one of my goosenecks. Its a ways away and it needs some tlc to make it nice again. It was mexicanized with a bunch of stickers and every plastic piece colored matched. It has also been lowered but never had exhaust or intake. Obviously will run oasis and carfax but didn't know if there were any major issues with the 11 to look for. Truck is about 12 hours away so going go do my homework first. I can fix cosmetic disasters and it will have to be raised to stock height.not sure how they lowrred it? Have a spartan tuner for my 6.4 csn I gdt tunes for the 6.7 by sending it to spartan. Not planing on deleting it or anything until warranty is up because that's part of the reason behind buying it is so I can take advantage of having a warranty if its far from the shop etc. Can and does anyone run the spartan tunes with the truck not being deleted. I know power wise it won't be a 6.4 but more pep is always a plus if it can still be safe. Truck is an xlt so that helps it out some.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Any of the Powerstrokes made before March 2011 have a higher chance of dropping a valve, I'm sure there is a TSB out for that, but its not guaranteed that it will. Also most of the turbo problems come from the 2011s and some early 2012s. I haven't used any of Spartan's DPF on tunes but I've heard of issues with their 120 or 125hp, what ever it is, DPF on tuning. I've ran my truck on the Warhammer 200hp DPF off tune for about 20,000 problem free miles but I'm switching to H&S for the MCC tuning ability.

Randy_270

Reaction score
What is the milage when most turbo failures are happening

I don't think there is a set mileage for the turbo failures. I've heard of turbo failures at 5,000 miles and at 100,000 miles. I've also seen a video with a 2011 6.7 Powerstroke with 500,000 miles that apparently has been problem free.

Short Bus

Reaction score
There is a hot shot guy who drops at our shop every month or so that bought one of the first 2011's and had over 180k miles on it at that point. He hadn't done anything but serviced it.

Latest posts

Members online