2011 F350 Coolant smell?

mattmal9

Reaction score
Hey guys, when the truck gets to running temp and after driving it around, I have a pretty strong coolant smell. I have read that the radiators with the plastic tanks tend to leak, but Ive search all around it and can't find any sign that either side of the radiator is leaking. Are there any other places known to leak coolant on the early 11's?

Thanks

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
My 2011 had that same issue. It turned out to be one of the coolant hose to the turbo. The o-ring was no longer sealing properly. Had to replace the hose, like $30. So not a huge thing. Fixed the leak and smell.

mattmal9

Reaction score
The fittings on my turbo had to be replaced.

I have also heard of this issue and if you smell it then chances are the turbo is heating it up and its sitting there and there's your smell. Its a good possibility I'd say.....

My 2011 had that same issue. It turned out to be one of the coolant hose to the turbo. The o-ring was no longer sealing properly. Had to replace the hose, like $30. So not a huge thing. Fixed the leak and smell.

Have any of you guys done this yourself? It doesn't look real difficult to do. (Based off videos)

Latest posts

Members online