2013 250 Headunit Install help

mattmal9

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started installing a head-unit in my friends truck (2013 F250 XL Crew Cab with am/fm/cd and 4 speakers). He bought the installation harness from best buy. It fits the plug correctly but the unit doesn't turn on. I double checked my connections and they were good but the unit isn't getting power. Do I need to run a 12v wire that comes on when the ignition is turned on? Or do any of you guys have a wiring diagram for the factory radio wiring? Any help is appreciated.

GregW

Reaction score
If you have a test light or multimeter, check the pins coming off the installation harness. Black should be ground, yellow should be constant power, and red should come on with the ignition. If those are good, check the fuse on the back of the head unit. I can get you a diagram after work if you need it.

mattmal9

Reaction score
If you have a test light or multimeter, check the pins coming off the installation harness. Black should be ground, yellow should be constant power, and red should come on with the ignition. If those are good, check the fuse on the back of the head unit. I can get you a diagram after work if you need it.

Ok, I will try that next time. If its not too much trouble can I have the diagram also just to have a in case I need to refer to something?

GregW

Reaction score
Had to break it down into two images, but this is the diagram for the radio without Sync/Nav/Premium sound
If you have trouble viewing them let me know and I'll PM them to you

198077cb523a536f9096314137b7a6ff.jpg

4e6102392cdf614b75f1c8a5180c8c5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online