2015 test mule

Fox

Reaction score
Ok, so we've done some changes... First off we are piloting some dpf off tunes now. And with that comes the need to get better data. So since I am tires of laptops and IDS and since nothing else measures the stuff I need I went this route..

View attachment 31895
View attachment 31896

I installed a cts monitor and after I was fully disgusted with the lack of useful pids, I made a list and started ordering sensors. We now have independent monitoring of egt, ebp, boost before cac, boost after cac, cac inlet temp and cac outlet temp. Very pleased with how this turned out and now I have very useful data that has already drastically helped knowledge of how these turbos operate on a big tune. We have full boost to back pressure ratios, cac efficiency rate and pressure drop across the cac. Which will help majorly with testing of the new no-limit intercooler we will be putting in soon.

Plus it looks cool.

View attachment 31897

And here is how the truck sits. Keep in mind I tow a lot and run the crap out of this thing testing so mileage isn't good right now.

View attachment 31898

And since we are going back to the dyno to push the limits on the stock pump and try to break 600 we needed to keep every thing in a safe range we installed the first prototype of our wastegate kit and downpipe.

View attachment 31899

Is that a bung welded into your RH valve cover I spy??

RedRice589

Reaction score
I use to until the first turbo decided to break up with me! :flush:

Keith

I treat my truck like my women..... just short of domestic violence.... morgans advice was floor it ill cover the damages......

disclaimer: morgan said have fun, i heard that ^^^

No. The mock up pics are taken on my reg cab which has ported manifolds.

When does that thing get to go fast????

Reaction score
I treat my truck like my women..... just short of domestic violence.... morgans advice was floor it ill cover the damages......

disclaimer: morgan said have fun, i heard that ^^^

When does that thing get to go fast????

Yes I said have fun, and DONT blow it up on the first test drive....

And whenever I get don't making all these new parts I'll get it running again. I was a little tired of it when it blew a freeze plug out of the oil galley after I put it together after the second 4600 rpm run. Then after I pulled it all apart fixed the freeze plug and got it running again it had a knock... Guess we find out weak points in these motors the hard way sometimes.

Reaction score
2105 6.7? I hope they figure something better out in 90 years! �� who has the shift points set that high in their tuning?

I've got our tunes loaded on this video. The race tune shifts pretty firm because they lock in every gear at wot and do not unlock during shifts plus no de-fuels. It was struggling for traction while trying to shift fast enough. Under light to moderate throttle they shift at normal RPMs and without the harsh lock. But that's why it's a race tune. And you have to realize this truck has more power than a standard tune only truck. It will by nature push more rpm before shifts get completed. It gets better with more learn time. It only had 10 miles on it after the re-tune when it took the video. But with our exhaust brake working I have found like the other tunes, it is sluggish below 80* ect. We are still working on perfecting that. But the brake does work which is nice.

I also have the pip tunes as well. They seem to shift at about the same rpm at wot on the extreme tune. They seem to have the same power as well. But when I ran the pip tunes in the extreme setting the converter does not stay locked through all the gears. Which allows for smoother shifts but it definitely is not as fast. Plus it throw an over boost code. Which I am going to see if they can get it removed because it limped out.

This poor truck has been tuned way to many times already lol. And I think I've hurt the tran with all the re-tunes and not enough learn time on the trans before beating on it. 4-5 up shift at wot is getting very bad. To the point I have to let off during the shift. Oh well, time for built trans in the near future...

jcain

Reaction score
Uh. What?

The YouTube video description says 2105 6.7 psd, I was just being a smartass about the small error in the year.
Screenshot_2014-11-02-11-30-20_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a 0-100 wot. Sorry for the wind noise.

http://youtu.be/p2PmfxuDqKk

Here's a 50-90 run locked in 4th. That's a tough pull on a 9000 pound truck with 35's and 3.55's without a downshift. Pulls through the load quite well IMO. Plus you can hear the throaty exhaust from the big downpipe and wastegate. Which was set at 36 psi for this run.

http://youtu.be/VjvpPRRAhac

This thing is a totally different truck to drive with all the mods on it. Very fun. Rivals a stock fuel 6.4....

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Here's a 0-100 wot. Sorry for the wind noise.

http://youtu.be/p2PmfxuDqKk

Here's a 50-90 run locked in 4th. That's a tough pull on a 9000 pound truck with 35's and 3.55's without a downshift. Pulls through the load quite well IMO. Plus you can hear the throaty exhaust from the big downpipe and wastegate. Which was set at 36 psi for this run.

http://youtu.be/VjvpPRRAhac

This thing is a totally different truck to drive with all the mods on it. Very fun. Rivals a stock fuel 6.4....

Nice

What should it be making (HP TQ wise) with the 64 and that tune with the wastegate?

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I'm really late to this party, but subscribed moving forward. Definitely worth the 54 page read. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.