(2017 6.7 SD) Coalescer Filter?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I was looking through the 2017 manual on the ford website, and I found this.

Is it a CCV filter of some sort or?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 283

ABMax24

Reaction score
I was looking through the 2017 manual on the ford website, and I found this.

Is it a CCV filter of some sort or?

Coalescer filters are typically used to remove oil or water from a gaseous medium, natural gas processing plants use them to remove lube oil from the sales gas stream.

I believe Ford is using it on the CCV system to remove engine oil to prevent it from entering the intake tract.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Coalescer filters are typically used to remove oil or water from a gaseous medium, natural gas processing plants use them to remove lube oil from the sales gas stream.

I believe Ford is using it on the CCV system to remove engine oil to prevent it from entering the intake tract.

If this is correct that would be awesome, so no more oil in the CAC tubes etc?

ckrueg

Reaction score
Well on a stock truck you have egr so your screwed either way lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
Cummins has ran these for years. I believe since 08 on the 6.7. But a not bad idea until they start to plug, then you chase your tail trying to find the issue! Don't know if they call it what ford does, though.

Beyond the edge of reason

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yeh cummins guys gut them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
CAT used them on the 07 ACERT truck engines and most of the earthmoving/ CCE stuff have them. We generally change them far before the interval says, because they'll get plugged up.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
CAT used them on the 07 ACERT truck engines and most of the earthmoving/ CCE stuff have them. We generally change them far before the interval says, because they'll get plugged up.

Our Iveco on our quad trac has one too. Recommends every 1000 hours but at 900 when we bought it it had been plugged enough to create enough crank case pressure to push out the rear seal. So we change it every 500 now.

Bullet 21

Reaction score
When I had a 2012 Ram w/ Cummins I gutted mine and vented to the atmosphere. My biggest complaint was that it would drip oil out of the hose when parked overnight.

With the amount of blow by that the 6.7 Powerstoke has, I am amazed that I haven't seen any oil drops yet, but I did stick the hose inside the frame this time.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
When I had a 2012 Ram w/ Cummins I gutted mine and vented to the atmosphere. My biggest complaint was that it would drip oil out of the hose when parked overnight.

With the amount of blow by that the 6.7 Powerstoke has, I am amazed that I haven't seen any oil drops yet, but I did stick the hose inside the frame this time.

Route it into the exhaust and no drips ever. And the haze just will go out the exhaust instead of everywhere under the truck and looking like its on fire lol.

Latest posts

Members online