2017 f350 6.7l fuel tank vacuum

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
Been having an issue with my fuel tank creating a vacuum. It happens when towing mostly. Everytime I remove the fuel cap I hear the vacuum.
Any ideas folks?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
Well I don't think it's normal. Not sure if there's any harm either. Here it after a long road trip or hauling the trailer.

SoGrand

Reaction score
My 17 has done it since day 1 and I have never had a problem. I have 115,000 on it now. I thought it wasn't normal either until I took my first snowmobile trip out west and my other buddy has a 17 also and when we filled up his had the vacuum also so I never thought twice about it after.

SoGrand

Reaction score
Wouldnt that make it harder for the lpfp to pull fuel?

live life full throttle

I would think so also but I have never had a problem with mine and neither has my buddy. After I seen that his did it I never thought about it until this post. We will see if my 2020 does it when I get it in about a month.

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
I've had many of trucks and this is the first one that done this. I seen it before with our f350 gas work trucks when the vent gets plugged.
Don't seem normal to me. Will it hurt idk.

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
So just for curiosity sake on the way back home from a road trip I pull over and popped the fuel cap off. No codes or issues were encountered doing this. So what I have done now is removed the little rubber seal inside the stock fuel cap. Just popped it apart using a screwdriver. Pulled out the seal and snapped back together. No more vacuum....

Was the tank vacuum hurting...probably not. Gonna run her with a vented cap.

Zeb

Reaction score
So just for curiosity sake on the way back home from a road trip I pull over and popped the fuel cap off. No codes or issues were encountered doing this. So what I have done now is removed the little rubber seal inside the stock fuel cap. Just popped it apart using a screwdriver. Pulled out the seal and snapped back together. No more vacuum....

Great. Now water and dust can get in around the cap.

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
Not at all worried about that. Water will not get in there. Well I guess if u had the truck submerged under water. But not from normal use. As for the miNute amount of dust that could get in there. Not worried about that either.

sootie

Reaction score

Your a dumb a$s

Zeb

Reaction score
Not at all worried about that. Water will not get in there. Well I guess if u had the truck submerged under water. But not from normal use. As for the miNute amount of dust that could get in there. Not worried about that either.

What about when you wash the truck, and you are spraying water around there? Oh wait, maybe you don’t wash it.
The lack of the seal in the cap will more likely cause issues, than leaving the seal in the cap and having that vacuum on the tank ever would have.

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
What about when you wash the truck, and you are spraying water around there? Oh wait, maybe you don’t wash it.

The lack of the seal in the cap will more likely cause issues, than leaving the seal in the cap and having that vacuum on the tank ever would have.
Oh I wash my truck. No water is getting in there unless it's done on purpose.

Anyways enough said.

sootie

Reaction score
Hahaha...and u can *** off. I could give a *** what u think.

Expansive vocabulary I must say....

Please don't come on here and complain when you have hpfp problems. Also...if you are so "all knowing" why ask questions in the first place?

Don't let the door hit ya...

Pwrstroke17

Reaction score
I'm not gonna get into an keyboard battle here. So enough of that.
Wasn't "complaining" of an issue. Just didn't know if anyone else was experiencing the same thing, apparently people have .
The tank vacuum wasn't giving me any problems. But also didnt know if it was a problem or not.

Regards to the fuel cap mod. It was internal to the cap. can be back to the way it was in seconds.

More curious to c if it throw a code or not.

Latest posts

Members online