2018 Clunking after Carli lift

rman

Reaction score
Hey y'all, just had my Carli 4.5 pintop installed on my 2018 with 15,000 miles. 40x13.50r17

The front left seems to clunk when hitting bumps around 30-50mph... I almost feel like it's more prevalent with dips. Maybe.
It really sounds like it's coming from right in front of my feet, and I can feel it a bit in the floorboard. Almost sounds like a loose shock. On some bumps/dips it will make a double-clunk.

Did all the usual stuff - pulled the endlinks, torqued the radius arms bolts, adjusted the track bar. Frame side of the trackbar was torqued to 406ft lbs
I don't think it's the steering shaft, since I don't feel it in the wheel and the truck is relative young, seems most of those issues are it being gunked up.
2LdHy4KPq5TXKSru1bgXd2A=w1173-h880-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

99fordman18

Reaction score
May throw some grease in your radius arms if they are aftermarket - had that issue a couple years ago.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Make sure the shock bolts are tight. I replaced mine and had similar issues until I got them both tightened up.

rman

Reaction score
Make sure the shock bolts are tight. I replaced mine and had similar issues until I got them both tightened up.
it really does sound like a loose shock. I know they're snug enough on top to compress the bushing, but it wouldn't hurt to get back in there and check.

sootie

Reaction score
If it isn't the track bar (extremely hard to get right enough), I would lean towards internal shock damage. Any oil leaking?

rman

Reaction score
If it isn't the track bar (extremely hard to get right enough), I would lean towards internal shock damage. Any oil leaking?

No leaking. Shocks have maybe 200 miles on them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
ya - I have had Carli shocks leak on the test drive, that why I asked...