2023 HO 6.7 500HP 1200FTLB

How many have seen the specs on the new HO 6.7L powerstroke?

As the title says, 500hp and 1200ftlb.

Crazy numbers. They made changes to the engine to handle and make the new power.

Attachments

• 20221119_140613.jpg
    20221119_140613.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 60,278
Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
I sold my 2020 STX 450 back in August so I just recently placed an order for a 2023 XLT 450 with the H.O. The word is it gets an upgraded turbo with stainless manifolds and enhanced programming. It’s not a bad bump in power for the price and under a warranty. It will likely be a long while until the PCMs are cracked on the 2023+ super duty trucks as they adopt the new Ford Network Vehicle electronics which has an encrypted PCM and layers of security to prevent hacking as these new trucks will be setup for over the air updates.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Did they give you a eta on the new pickup?

It will be interesting to see what your impressions are on the new HO vs the standard 6.7.

The stainless exhaust manifolds make more sense than what I read some other place. Below is a quote I read.

"Increased power in the 6.7 comes courtesy of unique water-cooled turbo, upgraded cast aluminum exhaust manifolds and unique tuning targeting the best horsepower and torque in the class. A larger oil pan on the 6.7-liter Power Stroke for model year 2023 increases oil capacity and allows for longer intervals between oil changes. New oil capacity has not yet been revealed."

I can't believe they would use aluminum for the exhaust manifolds. But then again the heads are aluminum.

superpsd

Reaction score
Did they give you a eta on the new pickup?

It will be interesting to see what your impressions are on the new HO vs the standard 6.7.

The stainless exhaust manifolds make more sense than what I read some other place. Below is a quote I read.

"Increased power in the 6.7 comes courtesy of unique water-cooled turbo, upgraded cast aluminum exhaust manifolds and unique tuning targeting the best horsepower and torque in the class. A larger oil pan on the 6.7-liter Power Stroke for model year 2023 increases oil capacity and allows for longer intervals between oil changes. New oil capacity has not yet been revealed."

I can't believe they would use aluminum for the exhaust manifolds. But then again the heads are aluminum.
There is no real ETA. 2023 is going to be even a smaller run than the 2022. Dealer allocations are small. They extended order banks to Monday for Limited, platinum and F450 but was already due to be closed for the 2023. Since my truck is a XLT it will be job 1. Job 2 trucks are King Ranch/Platinum/Limited trucks. Job 1 production starts January and Job 2 dosent start until like April. Depending on your options your order may also be Job 2 as they have a list of items. My dealer said it could be 3 months or could be a year or more. I’ve also read F450s are only allocated to be 5% of the total 2023 builds. The supply chain problems persist so I think it is all a crap shoot. There are guys who ordered a 2022 over a year ago that are getting emails that are stating they need to talk to their dealer and roll their order over as a 2023 as 2022 is ending and there are tons of infilled orders.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
There is no real ETA. 2023 is going to be even a smaller run than the 2022. Dealer allocations are small. They extended order banks to Monday for Limited, platinum and F450 but was already due to be closed for the 2023. Since my truck is a XLT it will be job 1. Job 2 trucks are King Ranch/Platinum/Limited trucks. Job 1 production starts January and Job 2 dosent start until like April. Depending on your options your order may also be Job 2 as they have a list of items. My dealer said it could be 3 months or could be a year or more. I’ve also read F450s are only allocated to be 5% of the total 2023 builds. The supply chain problems persist so I think it is all a crap shoot. There are guys who ordered a 2022 over a year ago that are getting emails that are stating they need to talk to their dealer and roll their order over as a 2023 as 2022 is ending and there are tons of infilled orders.
That's crazy. This is why we need to bring the supply chain back to America. But then again, they might have a hard time finding help. It's not from the lack of people, but people wanting to work.

I hope you don't have to wait a year or more. That would be sad.

superpsd

Reaction score
That's crazy. This is why we need to bring the supply chain back to America. But then again, they might have a hard time finding help. It's not from the lack of people, but people wanting to work.

I hope you don't have to wait a year or more. That would be sad.
Well honestly a F450 is a want not a need. More so a toy and if interest rates and fuel prices are still sky high I may even pass on delivery and wait until things are fixed someday. I still have my F250 to do work with and save fuel with my hybrid commuter car. I’m do miss my F450 though. They are amazing trucks. This is the render of the truck as ordered.
1F41A86E-45A5-43E2-94D0-BA0092CA2C78.jpeg

superpsd

Reaction score
Yea, that's what it appears like to me as well.

That's another good reason to update the engine 's. Draw in those of us who otherwise would not like the new design. Just conspiracy on my part.
The new look is growing on me. I actually rather have the XLT/XL grille than the higher trim levels myself as the work truck trims grille is similar to 17-19. For 2023 the cab was changed to the same cab the 2021+ F150 uses. The chassis has some reinforcement. Towing numbers went up. Fender vents are now functional. New electrical architecture. New interior. New tech options etc etc. there is actually a lot of change’s happening for 2023 and it’s way more than just a slight refresh.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The new look is growing on me. I actually rather have the XLT/XL grille than the higher trim levels myself as the work truck trims grille is similar to 17-19. For 2023 the cab was changed to the same cab the 2021+ F150 uses. The chassis has some reinforcement. Towing numbers went up. Fender vents are now functional. New electrical architecture. New interior. New tech options etc etc. there is actually a lot of change’s happening for 2023 and it’s way more than just a slight refresh.
Sounds like they changed a lot.

superpsd

Reaction score
My 2020 F450 pulled strong and had more power than I needed and the only modifications was intake upgrades. They cracked the 2020-2021 PCMs and the solution for 2022 is to use a 20-21 PCM I’m sure they will eventually crack the 2023. HP tuners finally cracked the PCM for flashing via OBD but requires a one time modification to the PCM with the only downside that dealership tools will no longer work.

superpsd

Reaction score
This will be a new turbo?
You will have standard 6.7 which is untouched from the current 2020-2022 configuration and power level and then the H.O. Upgrade option is a different turbo/ manifolds and programming to bump power from 475hp to 500 and 1050trq to 1200. The upgrade is 2500.00$ over a standard 6.7. The high output version will get the red 6.7 badging.

Latest posts

Members online