2023 HO 6.7 500HP 1200FTLB

How many have seen the specs on the new HO 6.7L powerstroke?

As the title says, 500hp and 1200ftlb.

Crazy numbers. They made changes to the engine to handle and make the new power.

Attachments

• 20221119_140613.jpg
    20221119_140613.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 60,253
Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
This was after 30 miles of 40-60mph driving at ~40°F ambient temp.
20221208_064524.jpg
20221208_064526.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
Very interesting. Does the engine oil come out looking like it's all used up? Do you get a oil analysis done?
I have not, it's only on its 2nd oil change, I was debating whether or not to. It has 3,500 miles currently, added about a quart, and it's very black. Who else does them other than Blackstone or Polaris?

I'm still torn as to whether or not to put a DPK and a CCV Bypass. I want to, but I don't want to have to worry about warranty BS.

But at the same time, waiting on the entire fuel system parts plus labor could be worse. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have not, it's only on its 2nd oil change, I was debating whether or not to. It has 3,500 miles currently, added about a quart, and it's very black. Who else does them other than Blackstone or Polaris?

I'm still torn as to whether or not to put a DPK and a CCV Bypass. I want to, but I don't want to have to worry about warranty BS.

But at the same time, waiting on the entire fuel system parts plus labor could be worse. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Okay, Gotcha. These emissions laden engines make oil black quick. Have you thought about also doing a oil Bypass filtration system to help clean the soot out of the oil?

Blackstone is the only one I know of.

I here you about not wanting to mess with the warranty. But, in order for them to say they will not cover something under warranty they have to prove what you added caused the problem. That's my understanding. But I could also be wrong.

If you do do a DPK, SPE makes a nice one. There's is 100% bolt on. Plus it has a built in filter to keep debris from entering the return side incase of a pump failure. Also, you can monitor the health of the CP4.2 by the filter since it catches the debris coming out of the pump.

A CCV Bypass or just a filtering setup would be nice. Keep as much junk out of the engine as possible. 👍

Another that would not hurt is a better fuel filtration setup. One that takes all the air and water out of the fuel. This is key to a healthy CP4.2. Also proper priming of the fuel system after a filter change.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Okay, Gotcha. These emissions laden engines make oil black quick. Have you thought about also doing a oil Bypass filtration system to help clean the soot out of the oil?

Blackstone is the only one I know of.

I here you about not wanting to mess with the warranty. But, in order for them to say they will not cover something under warranty they have to prove what you added caused the problem. That's my understanding. But I could also be wrong.

If you do do a DPK, SPE makes a nice one. There's is 100% bolt on. Plus it has a built in filter to keep debris from entering the return side incase of a pump failure. Also, you can monitor the health of the CP4.2 by the filter since it catches the debris coming out of the pump.

A CCV Bypass or just a filtering setup would be nice. Keep as much junk out of the engine as possible.

Another that would not hurt is a better fuel filtration setup. One that takes all the air and water out of the fuel. This is key to a healthy CP4.2. Also proper priming of the fuel system after a filter change.
I like the S&S DPK better, I'm not a fan of the plastic filters. But it requires a cut line which I'm not a fan of. I like SPEs CCV setup.

My big worry is in the event something big does go, so they gotta do us play ****-****... "your aftermarket filter created too much pressure on the CP4.." or "your oil bypass caused a restriction that caused a spun bearing" is all they need to say and now I need a lawyer. I might win in the long run but it's a risk, and not a small one.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I like the S&S DPK better, I'm not a fan of the plastic filters. But it requires a cut line which I'm not a fan of. I like SPEs CCV setup.

My big worry is in the event something big does go, so they gotta do us play ****-****... "your aftermarket filter created too much pressure on the CP4.." or "your oil bypass caused a restriction that caused a spun bearing" is all they need to say and now I need a lawyer. I might win in the long run but it's a risk, and not a small one.

Okay, The SDP DPK has a reusable metal filter and requires no cut lines. The S&S with the spin off filter would be nice.

By a kit that is 100% reversible. That way you could always swap back to all stock parts before getting warranty work done. But that to is a hassle. Plus, if your on the side of the road that's hard to do.

I understand your fear of what they will say. As you said, there's risks either way.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. In reality in does not need filtered just something to catch the chunks if it goes bad. But on could argue that there will be more than just chunks, there will also be fines. They would not be wrong.

I agree, the filter is a better idea and design than the screen.

Reaction score
ToMan, What is your bitch with the gauge Numbers’s? 187 is what they want right away.
Now if you got your head cracked on that H.O package well, Son….

Wayne

Reaction score
I ran my totally stock '23 tremor (HO is the only diesel option) on they dyno last month when it had like 300 miles on it, and 80% DPF soot load. It still made 495 RWHP. It has 37's now, and a banks dpf back exhaust. Next dyno event I'm at, I'll be sure to have a clean dpf and see how that shakes out. I'm actually tempted to put stock tires back on for the run though for a more unmanipulated number. I'll post here if there's anything noteworthy.

Cavecreekgoat

Reaction score
I ran my totally stock '23 tremor (HO is the only diesel option) on they dyno last month when it had like 300 miles on it, and 80% DPF soot load. It still made 495 RWHP. It has 37's now, and a banks dpf back exhaust. Next dyno event I'm at, I'll be sure to have a clean dpf and see how that shakes out. I'm actually tempted to put stock tires back on for the run though for a more unmanipulated number. I'll post here if there's anything noteworthy.
Did you get torque numbers as well as HP with this last dyno run?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The 2017 and newer 6.7s seem to punch above what's expected. That's a good thing.

Do you have a graph of the dyno run?

Wayne

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t. I will run it again soon though, and will try for a graph then. I didn’t get a torque reading but hope to next time around

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds good. It would be interesting to see a non HO and an HO with the same specs on the dyno to see how they compare.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.