250 b-codes 525/stock nozzles

powersmokin88

Reaction score
So need some help thanking here.
About 2yr ago I hot a set of used 250 b codes off a guy and I asked him what size nozzles they had he told me they where 525 5 hole 25% bigger will I didn't thank anything of it I was getting a good deal and did really know to much his said they ran them in they pulling truck with the turbo set up I got from him as well. So I got them tested at ifs in town and put them in ran them for about a week took them of and sold them way to much smoke with a gt42 and a single hpop. So I sold them to some one else them put them in and loved them then the guy that got them called me about 3mo later and said his truck is slowing down/weak and had bad blow by. I told him I didn't know so he got a new motor and put the injectors back in and 8mo later the same thing so i did some thanking and your powerstroke injectors is a 7hole and them are a 5hole the spray pattern is different and is not putting it in the blow of the piston right and is spraying on the rings getting them hot and eating them away. I don't know a lot but this sounds right and they don't make a 525 nozzle from what I am seeing. I told the guy I would try to help get him back on the road and make his motor last for more then 8mo. Do maybe a set of stock 7holes. Hope I can get some help thanks

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Stock BD injectors do come with 5 hole nozzles. And the powerstroke is a 7 hole nozzle. Many people have run the 5 hole so not sure why he is having issues. Yes they do spray out of the bowl and with a stock hpop they will be extra smokey. What are you looking to do??? We can get him set up with new nozzles and test them if that is what he is wanting to do. Give us a call.

powersmokin88

Reaction score
I seen they came with 5 hole but do they make a 525 nozzle and I was told if you run stock 5 hole with a stock hpop you should be fine I ran a big single hpop and was still smoky is that because they spray out side the blow and I told him we need to get him some 7 holes stock or something and a big single hpop or duels. Can you pm me prices on nozzles thanks

Reaction score
I believe the 525 he is talking about is 5 holes @ .025". This could be accomplished with a 5 hole tip, you just need to change the angle when it is drilled. or start with a billet tip and punch 5 holes in it whatever angle and size you want. Not really something off the shelf, but it can be done.

powersmokin88

Reaction score
They are really smoky and the guy I got them from had them in his pulling truck. I never ever hard of a 900%.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
well if .025 is double what a .012 is and .012 is a 200% nozzle that should make it a 400% nozzle

Flow rate is a function of the cross sectional area - that area grows as a square of the radius - essentially meaning that if it doubles in size, it quadruples in area.

Over the years lots of odd ball tips have been custom machined and will continue to be custom machined. EDM, extrude honed, even milling them out have been done. I know nothing about this specific set, but who knows what someone might have done with them....

moose99psd

Reaction score
Flow rate is a function of the cross sectional area - that area grows as a square of the radius - essentially meaning that if it doubles in size, it quadruples in area.

Over the years lots of odd ball tips have been custom machined and will continue to be custom machined. EDM, extrude honed, even milling them out have been done. I know nothing about this specific set, but who knows what someone might have done with them....

information i did not know.. thank you for informing me sir, much appreciated.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score

So I wasn't far off then, I just figured 900% by the area as in 2 0.012" nozzle holes will not even be half of the flow of 1 0.025" nozzle hole. Similar principles to drilling a carb for alky.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
But you have to keep in mind these nozzles are 5 holes and the 200% you are using to convert over are 7 hole nozzles.

Still big holes If they are .025... I think the first post said 25% over 5 hole nozzles. So unless we know what size they were to start
with, all we are doing is spitting into the wind trying to guess what they are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online