276k mile 6.0 lost all power, need advise

78f100

Reaction score
I have a 04 6.0 with 276k on the clock, truck was running great till I get ready to sell it. I had not cranked the truck in a few weeks, a buddy decided he wanted to look at it, so I drive it to his house and notice it is weak, real weak. It feels like its a 4cyl, it cranks fine and idles great just weak.
I put the ae on it and find low icp, reving the engine icp only hits 1200 with desired being around 2000 and above. Driving down the road icp at wot is only 7-800 with desired being 2500+. So I put a new ipr and now it feels even weaker than before. Fuel bowl looks clean so I dont think its o rings. I have noticed when I hit wot it is smoking black a little but not bad at all.
Think its the hpop getting weak? I mean it only has 276k on it...lol.
Its strange it was running great a few weeks ago and has just set in the yard.
My buddy wants to buy it if I can get it figured out, what do yall think it is?

also it has fresh oil and filter, after the ipr change. Thanks for any input!

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
Well I figured out it was a bad hpop so I put a new one on along with ipr and ipc and harness, didn't want it to give the guy any trouble. I figured while I was in there it would be best to do it all, I also put a egr delete on, she runs great now.

Atsah

Reaction score
My guess would be the viens in the turbo are stuck from the truck sitting and that is the loss of power..

78f100

Reaction score
My guess would be the viens in the turbo are stuck from the truck sitting and that is the loss of power..

That's exactly what I figured also and was the first thing I checked. Soon as I pulled the ipr I knew what it was the screen was full of metal shavings. It wouldn't build much boost because it didn't have enough fuel to make any with the bad hpop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.