3-4 shift error

rammertide07

Reaction score
Got a P0783 3-4 shift error, maybe 2 times in past 2 months. Seems to only do it when leaning into the throttle before the shift. Thinking about throwing a VSS sensor at it. Are they all the same for 4R100 4X4? And is there an additive for the solenoid pack sticking? Transmission only has 10k miles on it.

Also just found out my transmission was built with a 2 disc torque converter, but transmission temps didn't get over 175 for that drive. Never been in the caution range of heat.

In case my sig doesn't show up: 2001 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/ Aeroforce Interceptor/ BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/ 4" turbo back straight exhaust / CCV Mod /DIY 6637/ TS chip reburned with PHP tunes / FRx

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Got a P0783 3-4 shift error, maybe 2 times in past 2 months. Seems to only do it when leaning into the throttle before the shift.
Do you mean leaning into the throttle as the shift starts? That can cause a shift error.

Thinking about throwing a VSS sensor at it.
Why?

Also just found out my transmission was built with a 2 disc torque converter, but transmission temps didn't get over 175 for that drive. Never been in the caution range of heat.
That's irrelevant.

TS chip reburned with PHP tunes / FRx
That's a likely culprit. Will it do it with the chip removed?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.