3.55 and 35s

pullandpray

Reaction score
With my current setup I run out of gear pretty quick, I'd like to drop cruising rpm. I pull heavy but my truck doesn't really care I might have to drop to 4th on longer pulls I almost wish there was a gear between 4th and 5th. A lot of people say 3.55 are to tall. Anyone running some decent HP pulling with 3.55(or taller) and 35s or anything that compairs. Not to mention I think with taller gears my truck will be faster because I won't have to shift so fast ;)

Reaction score
I don't have 35s, but I do have 285/75/16s which are 32.8inches tall, and I have 3.55s , and I tow our 30ft TT with ease in fith gear, and I will say until I finally got my turbo and injector combo right, I seriously started to drop coin on 4.10 axles. I wouldn't dream of it now, I absolutely love my truck for what I tow... Look at my Sig for setup, also look up mine and gnxtc's (Billy 's, sorry if I got your Sig wrong Billy) threads on stock style 66mm turbo and BASB turbo, both of us tow, and he tows a lot more than me, but some great info on trials and experience in those two or three threads

pullandpray

Reaction score
I have the turbo/hp area covered for now (468 200/300s) I was just curious for those of is with power adders if anyone felt they needed 4.10s. I know with a 5 speed we are lucky and can just drop a gear and isn't quite a drastic change as with an auto. however my truck may be getting an auto in the near future. I just hate when my truck is empty (more than 50% of the time) it feels like I'm running the dog piss out of it when I go about 60-65

Swaan

Reaction score
I would honestly say keep what you got. Only because of your bigger then average turbo and injector setup. If you had a basb and stg 2 injectors then by all means go 3.55.
I think you'll find yourself under the turbo a lot more and running hot egts with 3.55 and your setup.
But like you said you could just drop a gear.
With 35" tires your truck shouldn't be to bad thou. What 2300-2400 rpm at 65. That's not too crazy.

pullandpray

Reaction score
Believe it or not but with the 468 I never feel like I'm lagging it spools very quickly. Might be way that combo likes to break rods lol. The truck won't ever get bigger tires.